Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Big sale on JBL studio monitors at major outlets

Just noticed that SW, GC, PAS, ZZ, all have crazy good deals for the 5" / 6.5" / 8" studio monitors, starting with the 305P MkII. Reviews on most of these sites are super happy with these guys, and at $80-$90 each for the 5" models, thats a sweet deal. Probably going to pick up a pair myself.

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are great monitors for the money. I had a 5.1 setup of the original 5" speakers, then upgraded to the 8" for my fronts. Then I got the mkII 8" for my fronts this summer at GearFest for a ridiculous price (basically 2 for 1). However this fall I upgraded to the model 708p. They are the best near-field studio monitor I've ever heard. Of course they are 8x as expensive as the 300 series ($2000 ea) but wow. They sound absolutely amazing and I can hear things in my mixes that were masked before by the distortion / inherent noise of the 300 series.

All that said, if your budget for speakers is $200 to $500, the 300 series is a home run.

Yeah, the march of time, technology advances, etc. It is amazing what you can get for your studio monitor dollar these days on the low end of price. I still have some passive KRK's, 6", that I bought 25+ years ago. It's such a hassle having a separate amp, esp since limiting and other DSP help you not to abuse your speakers. $700, probably the equivalent of over $1,000 or more now, they sure sounded good.

In looking at the 5"/6.5"/8" in this line, I'm curious how the 6.5" would do. For my bedroom setup with 9' ceilings, 8" can be overkill, and 5" too little. How did you like the 5"? Obviously the 8" gave you a bigger, deeper sound.

Congrats on graduating to the big leagues of studio monitors! I keep on wondering what a servo driven bass speaker with ribbon tweeters would sound like- sonic heaven!

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

I"m kind of done with JBL. It was the only thing I bought. Now they have moved all their manufacturing to China and are no longer reliable. Maybe the studio monitors are still quality. I don"t know about those.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin