Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Reaction Videos

Lately I've been really entertained watching reaction videos. For those of you who are not familiar, usually it's something like kids or people who only listen to a particular genre, listening to something for the first time. For instance, some hip hop guys listening to Rush, or little kids listening to Led Zeppelin, etc. They record the video as they hear it for the first time, and sometimes the reactions are really funny. Usually they'll pause throughout to talk about it. I'm not really sure exactly why I am so entertained by these, but I think here's why:

All of us want other people to appreciate the music we love as much as we do. I think for most of us, discovering some of these songs was exciting. To see somebody else discovering for the first time kind of brings back that feeling. Of course there are humorous moments as well, like when a little kid says something funny about a song.

Anybody else enjoy watching reaction videos?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched a few and I may be jaded, but I always wonder if it really is the first time. I quit after watching two hip hop dudes watch Bohemian Rhapsody and just keep saying that they could not understand half of the words. How hard is it for someone sitting at a computer to pull up the lyrics?

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

All of us want other people to appreciate the music we love as much as we do. I think for most of us, discovering some of these songs was exciting. To see somebody else discovering for the first time kind of brings back that feeling. Of course there are humorous moments as well, like when a little kid says something funny about a song.

Anybody else enjoy watching reaction videos?

I've seen several, and also find them interesting. Although a lot of them have fairly generic reactions, every now and then someone points out something about why they like the music that's thought-provoking. I vaguely recall someone reacting to Led Zeppelin and being blown away by Bonham's use of triplets in the kick drum. Now, that's not the first thing I think of when I think of Zeppelin, but the dude was right...that was a cool element in their sound.