Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NGD (Mayones Duvell Elite)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand, they"re discontinuing the Duvell, but still in the process of completing the standard run & special orders. Was yours a special or off the shelf?

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

From what I understand, they"re discontinuing the Duvell, but still in the process of completing the standard run & special orders. Was yours a special or off the shelf?

It came from Omega Music in Belgium. I think it's just something they had in existing inventory.

Music With Marky - A YouTube Channel For Guitarists Who Want To Make Better Music

@ Mark, The elephant in the room is no one has asked about the missing tone knob...a lot of guys like full treble with no roll off necessary...how do you like just having a volume control? :cool:

Speaking for myself, I might have used a tone knob a couple of times.

I'm starting to think just wire 2 pickups straight to the output jack and done, I don't really use the volume knob anymore either since my Katana has a switch for silent stage.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

@ Mark, The elephant in the room is no one has asked about the missing tone knob...a lot of guys like full treble with no roll off necessary...how do you like just having a volume control? :cool:

It's fine on a guitar like this which I use primarily for high gain tones or real sparkly cleans washed in verb. The only guitars I ever use a tone knob on are my Tele which can get way too bright and my one Kiesel with the very bright Lithiums in it. Other than that, if a tone is too crispy, I use a different sound.

Music With Marky - A YouTube Channel For Guitarists Who Want To Make Better Music

The elephant in the room is no one has asked about the missing tone knob...a lot of guys like full treble with no roll off necessary...how do you like just having a volume control? :cool:
I noticed that also, however I always use my tone control fully wide open on my guitars. If a certain pup is too ice picky I use the between the pup sound. I set the amp tone controls to have the cleanest tone and not too crispy. Then I find that nice between the pups sound on each guitar that I have, the partscaster and Strat Clone are between the front and middle pups for cleans, and on the Ibanez it has one setting that sounds like it is half of each hum-bucking pup. all three guitars work well that way. Then for more bite and oomph, I set my overdrive stomp tone controls, and I put that in the front of the amp for more bite.

@ Kuru, Mark and DBM, I too find myself leaving the tone knobs on full treble and adjusting the tone on the amp and I could probably do away with the tone knob(s) on the guitar. Although I think it's better to have them and not need them, than to need them and not have them (same reason I like having two humbuckers). I do like having a volume knob on each pickup with a 3way. I can get the tone I want by just switching from the neck to bridge pup. In the middle I can blend for a 3rd tonal sweet spot using more or less bridge volume. :cool:
Take care, Larryz

@ Kuru, Mark and DBM, I too find myself leaving the tone knobs on full treble and adjusting the tone on the amp and I could probably do away with the tone knob(s) on the guitar. Although I think it's better to have them and not need them, than to need them and not have them (same reason I like having two humbuckers). I do like having a volume knob on each pickup with a 3way. I can get the tone I want by just switching from the neck to bridge pup. In the middle I can blend for a 3rd tonal sweet spot using more or less bridge volume. :cool:

I think adjusting the amp like you're saying is what 99% of people do anyway. I agree, though. I like having options there, just in case.