Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Non-Guitar wish list.

Borrowed and bent this idea from another thread in Dr. Walker's Psychedelic Kitchen . . .

Holidaze coming up for lots of folks, birthdays for some of us, so whatever your reason or excuse may be, think of 3 things that aren't Guitars or Guitar gear that you'd like to get. They don't even have to be Music gear. Let's just accept that Peace, Justice, Good Health and Prosperity should be on everyone's list, always, with more than enough to go around.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Black Friday sales or competitive shopping; reminds me of "Dawn of the Dead," (or maybe "Dawn of the Debtors"). Just think of 3 things that wouldn't break the bank if you, or someone you know, decided to get them for you. Maybe you'll even think of something you should have gotten yourself long ago, and get inspired to just do it.

I'll wait until I hear from some other folks, before I share my list.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I had a nice new 1 ton pickup truck and a nice little travel trailer, (that's about 60 to 80 grand I don't want to spend at this point), My wife would rather have a class B motor home (Which is basically one of those converted vans without altering the factory shape of a Ford, Chevy, Dodge, or Mercedes van) That would be a hundred grand that I don't want to spend at this point.

But more-so a winning Power Ball ticket (With the proceeds of which I could buy a Southern Ca. beach house)...... :idk::cheers:

Could use a pair of new front tires for the jalopy.

Nice, thick sound-deadening curtains for the studio space would be nice.

It's about time to get some new glasses too.

I could go on but there is three.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Just something simple Like a new computer monitor or two( I run a dual set up) .

A new coffee maker. (nothing wrong with the old one, just want a new one).

I think I have every thing I need, Just got to get more work done around the house, and thats just time.

Lok

1997 PRS CE24, 1981 Greco MSV 850, 1991 Greco V 900, 2 2006 Dean Inferno Flying Vs, 1987 Gibson Flying V, 2000s Jackson Dinky/Soloist, 1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio,

I"m a little behind on my CD purchases- as usual- so gift cards for places I could get them are always appreciated.

As it so happens, I need to replace some of my winter flat caps and- as I discovered today- possibly fedoras as well. Like the CDs, I wouldn"t necessarily expect someone to buy me a hat, but a gift card I could apply towards one would be used in a heartbeat.

And then there"s the stuff I get some of every year- fancy socks, turtles (I"m a collector), things for the kitchen (I"m a serious cook) and homemade or otherwise special holiday goodies & treats are ALWAYS welcome.

Amusingly, a lot of the stuff I get as gifts I also wind up giving as gifts. Two of our parish priests like knives- one hunts, the other cooks. One is also a fan of flat caps, so he"s already slated for a nice red , and one of my cousin needs a replacement for his white one. We"ve already sent out a few CDs. And for the past few years, we give out home-made trail mix, bread puddings and Louisiana hot sausage to selected recipients.

Gifting Tip: instead of wrapping our gifts in festive holiday wrap, for the past few years, we"ve presented our gifts to our nearest & dearest in insulated shopping bags. 100% useful and guaranteed not to head directly to the trash or recycling bin on Dec. 26.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

I just treated myself and got my new Band in a Box software in the mail today...I'll let the wife wrap the empty box with the logo and put it under the tree next month with a bow on top. And I'll be loading and playing with the flash drive from now till Christmas LOL! Pretty sneaky eh? I'll act surprised when I open the present. I like to pick out my own stuff so that I don't get a bunch of stuff I don't need. Anyway for my 3 wishes, I'll take the smiles on the faces and the lights in their eyes of my 3 grand kids on Christmas Eve! Ho Ho Ho! :thu:
Take care, Larryz

A nice pair of warmly lined, supple leather driving gloves, or at least, a pair of gloves that match that description that would be flexible enough for driving. Or a pair of, say, full-fingered mountain biking gloves that I could wear most of the time, at least on my right-hand, so that my picking-finger nails would be a little protected in day-to-day activities- I strongly dislike breaking those nails! (Too guitar-centric?)

A good book.

A nice hat.

An interesting coffee-cup with some kind of art or words on it.

OK, I guess that's four, but it allows a greater range of not terribly expensive gifts.

I feel a little selfish, actually, thinkin' these up and writin' 'em down (ehr, rather, typing 'em out)... :blush::crazy:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Turns out Mom wanted to discuss the family gift list tonight. It seems we have 40+ people, families or organizations on our list this year. MOST of them will be getting a consumable gift. This year, it"s going to be the usual trail mix, bread puddings or hot sausage supplemented by pie blitzes, bottles of liquor and cookies from Wakym"s Kitchen.

(To clarify- nobody gets everything, but some do get more than one thing.)

All that cooking I"ll be doing gave her a new idea, though. Some on the list may well be receiving copies of some of our favorite Creole cookbooks.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

An end to my U.S. credit card debt, and the card with it. Total nightmare.

Some studio time, to continue my song project.

A set of noise-cancelling headphones that don't disintegrate after a few plane rides.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

I'm enjoying everyone's lists, and hoping you all get at least something that's on your list.

In the Music category, I'd like to get myself a Behringer Neutron Semi-Modular Synth, despite dire warnings from a dear old friend that it's a rabbit-hole I may never re-emerge from. No risk, no reward, I guess.

For home, I'd love a truckload of mulch. Yes, really. I'm a dedicated gardener, trying to do a major re-design on my own yard after 25 years. The biggest PITA is hauling mulch from the Garden Center.

In the New Year, I want to adopt another dog.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

I'm enjoying everyone's lists, and hoping you all get at least something that's on your list.

Good will all around. Commendable. :):2thu:

In the New Year, I want to adopt another dog.

I wish you enough prosperity to expand your family thus and bring more light and love and warmth into your home and this world.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

The trigger has been pulled. I got a Thunderbolt capable Lenovo laptop for $655 on Amazon. Free shipping. 2 in 1 and plenty of power. The wife says I can't open it until Christmas. No problem. I have plenty to do, including working on my chops. Retirement is great!
"Let me stand next to your fire!", Jimi Hendrix

Last year, I got a gift basket that contained a bottle of avocado oil, a jar of avocado mayonnaise, and a bottle of orange balsamic vinegar. It was the suckiest Christmas gift ever. At least I bought myself a Kiesel guitar so I wouldn't have a completely disappointing Christmas. This year, I would love either a Yamaha GP1800R Waverunner, a Polaris Slingshot, or a Can Am 1000 Outlander. I highly doubt that I will get any of these, so I'll probably have to settle for another size large shirt (I wear an extra large).
I rock; therefore, I am.

Last year, I got a gift basket that contained a bottle of avocado oil, a jar of avocado mayonnaise, and a bottle of orange balsamic vinegar.

That's just wrong . . . Someone at least owes you the right sized shirt.

@Danzilla - Keep me posted if Steve Hackett comes back by here (Balt./D.C.) next year, we'll join you. Saw the last couple of tours, well worth it. If anyone gives me a Single Malt this coming season, it's yours.