Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Of course I Love YouTube!

One reason I love YouTube is I can relive a moment in time. I remember seeing Devo on Saturday Night Live and thinking how original and new they were. I was an immediate fan. I think they did Jocko Homo as well. I'm actually watching this for the first time since 1978; cool. It still has the same vibe, love it.

[video:youtube]

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it as well and am glad so much content is available.

Of course sometimes we have the discussion about legality, rights, compensation, etc. I've been dinged, warned, and threatened with suspension for posting videos of my own band doing live performances of covers. They aren't wrong. While the club pays ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, etc, that doesn't give me a Sync license to post video of that music, even if it's me performing it. In the case of this type of video, while I'm really happy it's out there, Devo probably didn't give permission to the person who posted it. That said, I'm glad YouTube has created a mechanism where the content owners can collect revenue from ads instead of just taking it down. I think that's a great remedy to the situation. Over the last 5-10 years it seems like I can find just about everything I want on YouTube now.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Side note: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Devo and they were very influential for me. Imagine my surprise when my kids were younger and watching Yo Gabba Gabba (a show I hated up until this point) I think maybe on Disney Jr or some other kids channel, and none other than Mark Mothersbaugh shows up doing an Art segment!!!!! Perfect opportunity to put on Devo albums and tell my kids "THIS is that guy's band!!!!". Same with Ringo Star on Thomas the train.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I enjoy YouTube for the same reason - it takes me back to a simpler and special time.

Prior to rock-n-roll becoming big business, there was just the music. Bands had fun and played their heart out. The fans loved it. So thankful a few of these early gems remain.

[video:youtube]

Steve Coscia

Side note: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Devo and they were very influential for me. Imagine my surprise when my kids were younger and watching Yo Gabba Gabba (a show I hated up until this point) I think maybe on Disney Jr or some other kids channel, and none other than Mark Mothersbaugh shows up doing an Art segment!!!!!

He also did the musical scores for The Rugrats TV series and the movies. :)

:nopity: