Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best Virtual B3 ??

I like the sound of B5, but it's Leslie is whimpy as hell.

I think it"s really confusing that most users make a clear distinction between VB3 and VB3 v2, but not so with B5 and B5 v2(.02).

The original B5 leslie was whimpy indeed, but the B5 V2.2 is great .

In fact i downloaded the new IK multimedia B-3X trial version with the intention to buy, but going back and forth between IK B3-X and B5 V2.2 i liked the latter total package substancially better ......i think the IK leslie was spot on, but i the B5 V2 sounds perfect to me for what i do ( recordings ).

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact i downloaded the new IK multimedia B-3X trial version with the intention to buy, but going back and forth between IK B3-X and B5 V2.2 i liked the latter total package substancially better ......i think the IK leslie was spot on, but i the B5 V2 sounds perfect to me for what i do ( recordings ).

I was a VB3 v1.4 user, then I switched over to B5 (mostly v2.x) while I was waiting for Guido to release VB3 v2. After comparing B5 v2.2 to B-3X, I came to the opposite conclusion. This proves that everyone's ears/needs are different. It is a great time to be a keyboardist with all of these options!

Yes, we have different ears/needs, and use them in different ways (as vanderSchoot mentioned his use is recording), and that's why context in these conversation is really helpful. Even aside from personal taste, we're not all after the same sounds out of our "hammonds." I can tell you X is my choice, and you can say, "but the C/V is so weak in that one" -- and I'd answer,"oh, I almost never use C/V." You can tell me Y is your choice, and I can say, "but the overdrive is weak," and you can answer, "oh, well I don't use much overdrive." Rock players may be looking for something different from jazz players or gospel players. Then there's the difference between those who play mono vs. those who play stereo, and those who want to play live and have it sound like there's a Leslie in the room vs. those who want it to sound like it does on recordings. No wonder there are so many different opinions. I think it actually would be helpful, when saying what you like best, if people would include some of that info about how they use it.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)