Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ebay guitar for charity from Lok

Lokair

Guys I have so much and few too many guitars.

So i decided to auction one of my guitars for charity.

2004 strat for charity

I know maybe this should be listed in the classifieds , but I was hoping to to get to wider audience since its for a very good cause. So if you wouldn't mind please check it out. and if it needs moved please do.

100 percent of the auction after ebay fees goto project seed. Project seed

If you have any ?s please feel free to ask. I will check in here every other day.

Thanks

Lok

1997 PRS CE24, 1981 Greco MSV 850, 1991 Greco V 900, 2 2006 Dean Inferno Flying Vs, 1987 Gibson Flying V, 2000s Jackson Dinky/Soloist, 1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio,

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome contirbution to a better world.

I'd like to help you, I've sold many things on ebay since 2000 and have 873 feedback at 100% positive.

First point, your timing is excellent. A 10 day auction that starts on Thursday gets exposure for 2 weekends. That is the best option. I've never proven it but I always tried to end my auctions on the West Coast around 4pm or a bit earlier so about 8pm on the East Coast. That way everybody is up and about and has a chance to bid. You should do well with your timing.

On an item that attracts considerable interest (who doesn't want a Fender Strat?), I like to get more involvement from buyers by starting an auction at $0.98 - yes ninety eight cents.

This generates a pile on early in the auction and then sheep-like behavior tends to follow. The final 20 seconds can be exhilarating!

I posted an excellent plus Gibson Les Paul Custom in perfectly yellowed white with hardshell case (where it spent it's life) exactly as above and by the end of the first day it was up to $1,200. It ended at around $3,200 and the winning bid came from a buyer who had bid early and it was his birthday the day the guitar ended. So, he jumped in and threw down at the last few seconds. Automatic responses from other activated buyers drove the price up but his bid held and he got the guitar.

I've done it many times with all sorts of things, camera lenses, less expensive instruments. The success has been consistent.

It's your call, with no bids you can change the starting price if you want.

Either way, you are a winner for wanting to help feed the kids!!!!! :- D

Cheers, Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I decided to as you advised Kuru. So starting price is now 98 cents

I thought about it and said that will drive interest.

Lok

1997 PRS CE24, 1981 Greco MSV 850, 1991 Greco V 900, 2 2006 Dean Inferno Flying Vs, 1987 Gibson Flying V, 2000s Jackson Dinky/Soloist, 1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio,

I decided to as you advised Kuru. So starting price is now 98 cents

I thought about it and said that will drive interest.

Lok

Nice, I bid 9.00 and drove it up to $9.50. We can get this thing going!!!!! :- D

I'll be back...

Yes we are looking good with a whole week to go. Thanks for all the support gang.

Lok

Excellent; glad to hear it! I only regret that I can't bid on it. (I would only do so if I had every intention of buying the guitar if I actually won with a bid- which I can't commit to.)

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Excellent; glad to hear it! I only regret that I can't bid on it. (I would only do so if I had every intention of buying the guitar if I actually won with a bid- which I can't commit to.)

Me either, that's partly why I voted early.

My high bid was under $60, I'd buy half a dozen USA Strats for that price. Just run up the credit card and pay it off then they sold.

The auction has taken wing, it should do nicely.

Plus, I need another guitar like a hole in the head, not that that's stopped me before...

I do not have any need for another guitar, or I would have bid on it. Plus I do not do business with e-bay at all. I once had an account on e-bay and someone hacked into it and my pay account at the same time. It took me hours to get through to those two places so when I finally did get free of them both, I decided to do my business elsewhere. However I do hope the the thing sells for bigger bucks than is now offered.

431 at 7 am today , looking good guys .

Thanks

Lok

I just remembered something this morning.

Part of my strategy is to have the auction end on the second payday of the month. The first is for rent and bills, the second has more discretionary funds.

People have more money to spend in the middle of the month, the second paycheck.

You executed perfectly, your start time is exactly correct. I've used this same plan on ebay often, it is just about the only reason to list a musical instrument on there now.

For straight no-bid sales Reverb lets you keep lots more of your money. Reverb doesn't have auctions so you can't use crowd-behavior to generate good returns.

Glad to see it going so well, your kids are gonna eat!!!! :- D

Well 571 and an hour and 15 to go or so. Surfergirl do a little every now and again it adds up.

Lok

Here is the link if anybody wants to follow it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Fender-American-Stratocaster-HSS-benefits-Project-Seed/293318789241?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649

50 minutes left and 56 bids. There should be a fight at the end, kicking it up even more.

That's a lot of lunches!!! :- D

Finished at 605 good deal for everyone involved.

Thanks for the support Gang

Lok