Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Brick House - Left Hand EP

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I been playing the horn fills with my left hand (apologies to the horn purists, but hey it's a cover band) and comping between the two chords with my right (EP sound). Can't recall the chords I think Am7, Gm7? Haven't sat down with the slow-downer yet to pick out specific notes and timing. The horns are the prominent audible part for me.

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

yeah it's one of the few tunes I feel I can't escape horns...I sing some backup on the chorus too so my 2-hand abilities (not great to begin with) are even more limited.

Other than the chorus I just play epiano but it's probably nothing like the actual record. Nobody has complained yet! :D

I been playing the horn fills with my left hand (apologies to the horn purists, but hey it's a cover band) and comping between the two chords with my right (EP sound). Can't recall the chords I think Am7, Gm7? Haven't sat down with the slow-downer yet to pick out specific notes and timing. The horns are the prominent audible part for me.

~ vonnor

I do the exact opposite.

Layered EPs Bass Clef Zones, and BBB & CHeinHorn layers Treble Clef.

Stomp down an expression for a reverse Delay on A min 6/9 to save me from boredom too.

Ive played that song more than the Commodores I think.

FWIW I play a C Maj. 2nd Inversion, to a D Maj 2nd Inversion as the comp.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic