Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I give up on local repair shops...need reccos

I live in a major metropolitan area (Chicago).

My very local music store has a repair backlog so big that they have gear waiting to repair all over the sales floor.

The more well-known repair place in the city has 3 stars from Yelp, but it's all either 5 stars or 1 star. I did use them a decade ago and got burned.

So I've resigned myself to having to ship my Micro Q and just trust someone in a faraway land.

Can any of you recommend a reliable, fast, and trustworthy repair shop anywhere in the US for a rack synth? Someone you've dealt with personally? I'm willing to pay...I'm not a lowballer...just want honesty.

"For instance" is not proof.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong with it? Last week the number keyboard on my microwave stopped working. It's old, so I figured I'd need to get a new microwave. But I unscrewed the keyboard assembly, unseated the connectors, re-seated the connectors, and it's been working ever since. It may be something as simple as dealing with the connectors to remove oxidation.

Excessive noise in the outputs. This is a known problem with Waldorf Micro Qs. I"ve opened it up and messed with it before, and I"m loathe to spend more money on it, but I hate the thought of it sitting unused.

Check this out ... lasynthco.com

Ok, this is my son"s shop. He was head keyboard repair for Roland for 7 years and then they assigned him to fix their vintage stuff that they no longer made parts for. Eventually he left left Roland and opened this specialty shop to fix the unfixable and now manufactures previously unattainable parts for vintage synths as well.

Ok, this is my son"s shop. He was head keyboard repair for Roland for 7 years and then they assigned him to fix their vintage stuff that they no longer made parts for. Eventually he left left Roland and opened this specialty shop to fix the unfixable and now manufactures previously unattainable parts for vintage synths as well.

Contacting now. Thank you!

Contacting now. Thank you!

Doesn't work on Waldorfs, but I appreciated the quick response. Thank you.

Anyone with other reccomendations, I'd be grateful.