Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gear introduced decades ago still in production

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shure SM57/SM58.

dB

my fried told me they were originally commissioned as Presidential Speaking mikes... I believe

the 57 was 1st..

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Alesis SR-16 Drum Machine. Bought mine when they were released in 1990 and still have it. Still being produced and sold 29 years later.

Beat me to it!

Cheers, Mike.

I figured I wasn"t the only one!

Nord Stage 3 HA88, Nord Stage 3 Compact, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30, Rolls PM55P, K&M 18880 + 18881, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII, Zoom Q2n-4K

Line6 DL4 is 20 years old...that kinda blows me away. Tons of pro players still use this thing.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

Alesis SR-16 Drum Machine. Bought mine when they were released in 1990 and still have it. Still being produced and sold 29 years later.

Beat me to it!

Cheers, Mike.

You most certainly were not.

Speaking as the ex-marketing manager for that product, that bad boy held around a 90% market share for more than a few years.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Beat me to it!

Cheers, Mike.

You most certainly were not.

Speaking as the ex-marketing manager for that product, that bad boy held around a 90% market share for more than a few years.

dB

How cool! I started off with the Yamaha RX17 but always wished I would have waited to get an HR-16. It just sounded so much better to me and was more fun to play during my frequent trips to the music store. I was glad I waited a little longer when my sales rep told me about the new SR-16. Still use it to this day as a metronome for practice. I know there are phone apps that do that, but there's just something about the physical buttons and a nice hi-hat sample.

Nord Stage 3 HA88, Nord Stage 3 Compact, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30, Rolls PM55P, K&M 18880 + 18881, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII, Zoom Q2n-4K