Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

AnotherScott

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't. The guy's ego is too big already.

A bit more seriously, I don't know how he finds time to write as many long, detailed posts as he does, but his objective, public-spirited approach to this forum is a great asset.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

I appreciate his work in being part of the stable of knowing down-home players like us. How many times has he handed you that last vital key to a fix? I've found solid solutions, understood a tool better or decided to veer away from an iceberg because of his input. We all owe him Christmas food and liquor. :2thu:

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

I think it's worth pointing out that Scott is not the only individual on this forum who brings a wealth of knowledge and shares it in a selfless way. If I named other names I'd certainly exclude somebody. But this forum is what it is in large part because of a group of people like Scott who take a genuine interest in helping others regarding gear, music theory, or the sociological aspects of playing music.

They all deserve the highest honor this Forum can bestow: A Nord Lead.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

LOL... in fact, I just recently acquired a used Nord Lead 3... my first ever Nord Lead!

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

I consider myself privileged to have 'met' Scott in his early days here. We connected on the music of ELP. I am grateful for the contributions he has offered, both publicly and via private messages. His wide spectrum of knowledge and willingness to help are deeply appreciated.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

I think it's worth pointing out that Scott is not the only individual on this forum who brings a wealth of knowledge and shares it in a selfless way. If I named other names I'd certainly exclude somebody. But this forum is what it is in large part because of a group of people like Scott who take a genuine interest in helping others regarding gear, music theory, or the sociological aspects of playing music.

Agreed. I used to post here years ago with a different name. Some of the old timers are still here.

Some have knowledge more specialized in different areas, but overall, there seems to be a good group of people here.

A couple I'd give a tip of the hat to myself are MoodyBluesKeys for help with my Kurzweil stuff,

and Dave Bryce, the man himself, for help and insight into Alesis stuff when I was GASsing hard for an Andromeda.

Thank you felis. Lord knows I've gotten enough help and direction from folks here, it is a pleasure from time to time to return it to others. Another Scott is one of the members I have a lot of respect for here.

I'm also glad that this forum has remained the way it has - when so many places are like the current days full of disrespect for anyone with a different opinion, and full of ten gallon egos in 1 gallon bodies.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

+1 :2thu: