Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Behringer - Beethoven's 5th, a W, 30...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reddit's synth subreddit has some interesting speculations....most seem to think it's a mixer (one person mentioned the particular group or area of Behringer putting this out). Behringer itself is 30 years old so that is probably what that refers to, not some product that is 30 years old...though the Waldorf Wave was suggested by someone :)

They have been doing real well on the digital mixer side. I see them being used frequently, I have an XR18. So I wouldn't be surprised if it were a mixer.

I would like to see better wireless networking on their digital mixers.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

Roland W30 - released in 1989, thirty years ago. :idk:

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

That would be a different twist for Behringer. A vocalist/songwriter I did some work for in the 90s had a W-30 in her home studio, and a collaborator from a few years earlier had a brand new Roland S-50. I used both keyboards quite a bit - for local demos and corporate training film underscores. In the late 80s and throughout the 90s the Roland sample library was very popular.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

30 years in the making ?

Big whoop.

I only pay attention to stuff 40, 50, or 60 yrs in the making ;)

Well, 15 or 18 years can be enough, at least in a Oak Barrel :cool:

Maurizio

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/

• 2 weeks later...

Teaser part 2:

[video:youtube]

Teaser part 3:

Teaser part 4:

Maybe a touch interface for DAWs?

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Maybe a universal touch sensitive interface for all Behringer devices. How long has Behringer been around? 30 years? Of the things shown, it could range from controlling their mixers, synths, effects, etc.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

1st guess: a touch screen digital recorder with an integrated Midas (or X series) mixer.

2nd guess: a fully original workstation synthesizer with integrated audio recording, for less than $600 US. (Hmm -- I just described the Alesis Fusion.)

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

1st guess: a touch screen digital recorder with an integrated Midas (or X series) mixer.

2nd guess: a fully original workstation synthesizer with integrated audio recording, for less than $600 US. (Hmm -- I just described the Alesis Fusion.)

Fusion was more than that new. That was the heart of my rig for years. Great synth! Loved the VA engine and how it handled samples. Biggest shortcoming was clonewheel. Otherwise, way ahead of its time!

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I wonder if it could be a DAW or soft instrument/platform. It would represent a sizable shift in focus and worthy of the hoopla. If they dream big, they could be looking at previously unheard of levels of Digital /Analog integration over the next few years. Just a thought. :idk:

They've always been a hardware company but they should have the resources to open up a new frontier ....

I got my Fusion for $600 new, maybe during Mars Music's shutdown in Richmond. Its dual-chip synth engine (made by Texas Instruments if I recall) had something like 200 voice polyphony. Virtual Analog engine with 2, 4, 6, and 8 pole filters. I absolutely loved the controller routing and scaling, some of which even Kurzweil hasn't yet equaled. (I say that even though I am now a pathetic Kurzweil fanboy.) And a sad +1 to the insufficiency of the organ.

Fusion was more than that new. That was the heart of my rig for years. Great synth! Loved the VA engine and how it handled samples. Biggest shortcoming was clonewheel. Otherwise, way ahead of its time!

-Tom Williams

That would be a different twist for Behringer. A vocalist/songwriter I did some work for in the 90s had a W-30 in her home studio, and a collaborator from a few years earlier had a brand new Roland S-50. I used both keyboards quite a bit - for local demos and corporate training film underscores. In the late 80s and throughout the 90s the Roland sample library was very popular.

Still have mine. This was the machine that introduced me to synths, sampling, sequencing, midi, digital recording......the whole package. Brings a tear to my eye! I will never forget the feeling I had the first time I put together my first couple of original songs on it. I could hardly believe what was becoming possible!

"You're either WITH me, or you're AGIN' Me!" (Yosemite Sam)

The fourth teaser is out, and it's called WING. Definitely a touchscreen mixer of some kind, not a synthesizer at all:

Acoustic: Shigeru Kawai SK-7 ~ Breedlove C2/R

MIDI: Kurzweil Forte ~ Sequential Prophet X ~ Yamaha CP88 ~ Expressive E Osmose

Electric: Schecter Solo Custom Exotic ~ Chapman MLB1 Signature Bass

• 3 weeks later...
With Behringer's traditionally aggressive pricing, it'll be interesting to see how this relates to the X-32. One would expect the price to go up, but then one might have expected Kurz's PC4 to cost more than a PC3. (Yes, I know that the 3K costs less now, but it didn't at the time of initial release.)

-Tom Williams

Definitely intended for live sound, and looks really powerful and flexible with all the I/O options. I'm wondering about its usefulness in the studio, though. I did a bit of research and it appears the Wing's maximum sample rate is 48kHz, whereas 96 would be more desirable for recording.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse