Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is there a module version of the JD-Xi ?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to my owner's manual, I guess you can't. It says the MIDI channel is set for the whole program. (That's how they call each combination of 2 digital parts + analog + drums.)

I remember seeing somewhere online a list of all the MIDI messages in details so maybe there's a workaround.

"Show me all the blueprints. I'm serious now, show me all the blueprints."

My homemade instruments

I have a JD-XI and YES indeed you CAN set each Part (Analog, Digital 1, Digital 2, Drum) to be controlled on a separate channel. I use a multi zone controller, but I bet dollars to donuts it can be run with multiple controllers.

I use an iPad app to program the JD-XI called Patch Base. You might be able to menu dive and get to it, but if so it's a pretty deep dive.

So. Current me answering earlier me. Yes , you can run at least 2 other controllers giving 3 keyboards playing 3 different sounds at once. The 2 digital and the analog. I've done 2 at once but not having 3 hands I didn't actually play all 3 boards at the exact same time but early indications are that it all works. I used a midi plus USB host. This little roland is actually an amazing hub of a 3 board setup. I wouldn't call it roadtuff but I ain't either these days.

FunMachine.