Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cool Italian Tele

I just did a vid review of this one and wanted to share a couple pics I took of it. It seems to be an instrument that people either love or hate the look of. It sure plays and sounds great!

http://musicwithmarky.com/files/tele1.jpg

http://musicwithmarky.com/files/tele2.jpg

They are all handmade by Paoletti guitars in Italy. If you've any interest in the review, just check out my sig below. =]

Music With Marky - A YouTube Channel For Guitarists Who Want To Make Better Music

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has a nice cowboy western look to it which reminds me of Waylon Jennings leather model...not sure about the humbucker at the bridge, but I really like the ashtray cutaway. When playing on a stock Tele bridge plate I find myself picking on the edge of the ashtray instead of the 1st string LOL! Also, in the close up pic, I'm wondering if that's an ebony fretboard? If so, that would be really cool and something you don't see everyday! :cool:
Take care, Larryz

Has a nice cowboy western look to it which reminds me of Waylon Jennings leather model...not sure about the humbucker at the bridge, but I really like the ashtray cutaway. When playing on a stock Tele bridge plate I find myself picking on the edge of the ashtray instead of the 1st string LOL! Also, in the close up pic, I'm wondering if that's an ebony fretboard? If so, that would be really cool and something you don't see everyday! :cool:

Fretboard does look like ebony, I like that. I think that is two Tele bridge pickups, not a humbucker per se. I guess it could become one with the 4 (or is it 2?) position on the switch.

I'd have to play it to say much, I don't care so much about how guitars look as long as I don't have to worry about banging away on them.

It is cool looking though.

It's gotta sing to be a keeper, everything else is frosting on the cake...

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Fretboard does look like ebony, I like that. I think that is two Tele bridge pickups, not a humbucker per se. I guess it could become one with the 4 (or is it 2?) position on the switch.

I'd have to play it to say much, I don't care so much about how guitars look as long as I don't have to worry about banging away on them.

It's a mahogany neck with teak fretboard. I'm no actually sure how the 3 way witch is routed. You might get a sense for it if you hear it (check the vid if you want, it's the latest one on my channel - link in sig).

Music With Marky - A YouTube Channel For Guitarists Who Want To Make Better Music

What"s the doodad on the chain?

Oh yeah- who is the builder?

It's just some like door spikey thing. I don't even know, lol. It looked neat.

Looks to be the strap...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

What"s the doodad on the chain?

Oh yeah- who is the builder?

It's just some like door spikey thing. I don't even know, lol. It looked neat.

Looks to be the strap...

Upon further review...yep!

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

I got most of my questions answered by watching the vid after clicking Marks' YouTube link in his sig line. The bridge pickups are spaced a lot further apart in the vid than in the pics. +1 on them being two singles spaced closed together as opposed to a humbucker. I was thinking when looking at the pics that they were copying the Fender Lace "Dually" concept i.e. where they stack two singles side by side to act like a humbucker:

"Dually[edit]

A Lace Sensor "Dually" is effectively a double-coil unit combining two Lace Sensor single-coil pickups in a humbucker configuration. The terminal leads of both pickup coils are accessible individually, so that they can be wired for a coil-splitting option or any other configuration." Wiki⦠I've never seen a slanted uncovered humbucker before, but who knows maybe they make them somewhere? :idk:

The switch is a 3 position. The neck is mahogany and the fretboard is teak...the fretboard looks like ebony so I wonder how well teak feels/works? :cool:

Take care, Larryz

It's a mahogany neck with teak fretboard. I'm no actually sure how the 3 way witch is routed. You might get a sense for it if you hear it (check the vid if you want, it's the latest one on my channel - link in sig).

+1 Mark, most of my questions were answered in the vid (a cool way to include your vids in discussions BTW)â¦

On the 3 way you could tap on each single coil and tell if it's live at each setting. I couldn't tell from the video but it sounded good in each position. I'm guessing front is neck, rear is one or both bridge, and middle is all 3? (Nice bell like sound in the middle position on the clean settings).

Also how does the teak compare to an ebony fretboard as far as looks, feel, etc. ?

A very nice playable "piece of art"! :cool:

ps. since you had a little concern on the quality of the 3 way...might be cool to go with a 5 way and get more configurations. I would like neck only and each bridge only to take up the 1st 3 positions and then combine the neck and one of the bridges at position 4 and all 3 combined at position 5 (as an example of my crazy thought LOL!) :crazy:

Take care, Larryz

I got most of my questions answered by watching the vid after clicking Marks' YouTube link in his sig line. The bridge pickups are spaced a lot further apart in the vid than in the pics. +1 on them being two singles spaced closed together as opposed to a humbucker. I was thinking when looking at the pics that they were copying the Fender Lace "Dually" concept i.e. where they stack two singles side by side to act like a humbucker:

"Dually[edit]

A Lace Sensor "Dually" is effectively a double-coil unit combining two Lace Sensor single-coil pickups in a humbucker configuration. The terminal leads of both pickup coils are accessible individually, so that they can be wired for a coil-splitting option or any other configuration." Wiki⦠I've never seen a slanted uncovered humbucker before, but who knows maybe they make them somewhere? :idk:

The switch is a 3 position. The neck is mahogany and the fretboard is teak...the fretboard looks like ebony so I wonder how well teak feels/works? :cool:

Robbie Robertson of The Band was probably the very first to do that- that is, move the middle-pickup close to the bridge-pickup and use the guitar as a two-pickup guitar, as he was used to playing Fender Telecasters prior to getting the Strat. He had also replaced that pickup with a left-handed Strat pickup, so it's effectively "reversed", adding to the quasi-humbucker qualities. For the filming of Martin Scorsese's The Last Waltz documenting The Band's farewell concert extravaganza, he later had the guitar body bronzed- literally dipped in bronze, as was fashionable in those days to commemorate items such as a baby's outgrown first shoes- adding ten pounds (!) and a decidedly more "metallic", ringing tone.

307.thumb.jpg.ff9c9b5a1a7a61a97e06d745a0f6a3d1.jpg

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

+1 Mark, most of my questions were answered in the vid (a cool way to include your vids in discussions BTW)â¦

On the 3 way you could tap on each single coil and tell if it's live at each setting. I couldn't tell from the video but it sounded good in each position. I'm guessing front is neck, rear is one or both bridge, and middle is all 3? (Nice bell like sound in the middle position on the clean settings).

Also how does the teak compare to an ebony fretboard as far as looks, feel, etc. ?

A very nice playable "piece of art"! :cool:

ps. since you had a little concern on the quality of the 3 way...might be cool to go with a 5 way and get more configurations. I would like neck only and each bridge only to take up the 1st 3 positions and then combine the neck and one of the bridges at position 4 and all 3 combined at position 5 (as an example of my crazy thought LOL!) :crazy:

Oh duuuude! I didn't think of replacing it with a 5 way. That's brilliant! I have my mobile techs coming here to put a pair of Lace pickups in an Aries of mine. I'll have to have them do that too.

So I realllly like the feel of the Teak. Probably my favorite neck feel of all my guitars. I didn't mention that on the vid, but I wasn't really thinking of it until you aksed. =]

I know they"re not precise like a 3-way, 5-way, N-way selector, but I have a rotary selector (stock) on one of my Reverends. That lets me blend my neck and bridge pickups as I see fit, in an analog vs digital kind of way. It"s pretty nifty being able to sweep through the range of tones, IMHO, but clearly not for everyone.

I"ve been thinking about getting one of the Reverends with 3 P90s and doing the mod Caev so often suggests- rewiring it for having the option of having all 3 selected simultaneously. If I do that, maaaaaaybe I"ll also go to a rotary selector...

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

I know they"re not precise like a 3-way, 5-way, N-way selector, but I have a rotary selector (stock) on one of my Reverends. That lets me blend my neck and bridge pickups as I see fit, in an analog vs digital kind of way. It"s pretty nifty being able to sweep through the range of tones, IMHO, but clearly not for everyone.

I"ve been thinking about getting one of the Reverends with 3 P90s and doing the mod Caev so often suggests- rewiring it for having the option of having all 3 selected simultaneously. If I do that, maaaaaaybe I"ll also go to a rotary selector...

I would actually love to have a blended selector like that. I didn't even know it was an option! I saw they have something like that on those Swiss guitars that you can pop pickups in and out of on the fly. Its this weird LED slider thing though.

I know I"ve seen them on parts websites- I think STEWMAC carries them.

I"d imagine a slider would work just as well, and might be BETTER if modding a guitar with a standard slider selector.

Or three on/off toggle switches.

Scott Fraser

I didn't think of replacing it with a 5 way. I have my mobile techs coming here to put a pair of Lace pickups in an Aries of mine. I'll have to have them do that too.

So I realllly like the feel of the Teak. Probably my favorite neck feel of all my guitars. I didn't mention that on the vid, but I wasn't really thinking of it until you aksed. =]

Cool info on that fretboard! Keep us posted and let us know if your techs use the 5way and how it comes out :thu:

Take care, Larryz

"Dually[edit]

Robbie Robertson of The Band was probably the very first to do that- that is, move the middle-pickup close to the bridge-pickup and use the guitar as a two-pickup guitar, as he was used to playing Fender Telecasters prior to getting the Strat. He had also replaced that pickup with a left-handed Strat pickup, so it's effectively "reversed", adding to the quasi-humbucker qualities. For the filming of Martin Scorsese's The Last Waltz documenting The Band's farewell concert extravaganza, he later had the guitar body bronzed- literally dipped in bronze, as was fashionable in those days to commemorate items such as a baby's outgrown first shoes- adding ten pounds (!) and a decidedly more "metallic", ringing tone.

Cool info Caevan! :cool:

Take care, Larryz

Cool info Caevan! :cool:

It's a cool and Iconic guitar! Though the thought of a what, eighteen, twenty pound Strat does seem a bit much... !?!

+1 It's a bit much! I know my shoulder couldn't take it standing up and my hernia couldn't take it sitting down LOL! :cool:

Take care, Larryz

• 2 weeks later...

This is not my thing, but I ran across Paoletti guitars a few years ago at a music show-they make a stunning Strat copy,

I have it on a flyer I picked up at the show. It's something like this one-ironic that it's signed by John Norum of Europe.

A friend of mine from Sweden, who I just missed last week while he was visiting here-we couldn't arrange schedules-is the son

of the guy who first discovered and promoted that band.

https://www.paolettiguitars.com/product/stratospheric-winejn/

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

This is not my thing, but I ran across Paoletti guitars a few years ago at a music show-they make a stunning Strat copy,

I have it on a flyer I picked up at the show. It's something like this one-ironic that it's signed by John Norum of Europe.

A friend of mine from Sweden, who I just missed last week while he was visiting here-we couldn't arrange schedules-is the son

of the guy who first discovered and promoted that band.

https://www.paolettiguitars.com/product/stratospheric-winejn/

Yeah that one is way less out there than the style I got. If it sounds or plays anything like mine, I'm sure it's a beast.