Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Overture

I'm calling this Overture now as it's the first part of a multi-part piece. I just finished writing and will put this away until the rest of the material is written and recorded...I have about half an album ready to mix but I like to mix everything at the same time just to keep a consistent sound and vibe :) Well anywho, don't expect too much, it's a shorty- Overture

Thanks for listening,

Bill

http://www.billheins.com/

Hail Vibrania!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

like the movie sound track potential.

Is that a nylon string guitar ? As in a real acoustic, nylon strings ?

I struggle to get a decent nylon/acoustic guitar sound out of Kronos.

if you jump to 1:40, you will hear the Kronos program- acoustic guitar

It almost sounds like a Koto . Or maybe I am being picky :D

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

• 1 month later...

good to know, I suppose you are running it in Kontact ?

I am overdue in going over to software. Roland and Korg are not excelling at acoustic instruments.

I understand why.

I am considering Native Instruments, their keyboard and VI's.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

I have two old keyboards and a doubleneck guitar for "real" instruments....I use the guitar all the time but I only use the Vintage Synth card on my Roland...even then it's only a few patches....other than that it's all VI's- I have a lot of Kontakt libraries(8dio, Soundiron, Indiginus, Hollow Sun, etc.), iZotope Iris 2, East West Symphonic Orchestra Platinum Plus, East West Symphonic Choirs, and EWQL Pianos ...plus a Composer Cloud X subscription at East West, Arturia Collection 5, Vacuum, AAS Ultra-Anolog 2, etc. Don't get me started on audio plugins ;)

The sound of software vrs. hardware is light and day...if you really want to get started look at NI Kontakt alone or as part of NI Komplete, and something like the Arturia collection...also Omnisphere is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge! Another good one to look at for a lower budget is KV331 Synthmaster, Synthmaster is an incredible synth and there's lots of cheap preset collections available! If you like a great analog sound take a look at uHe Diva, just big and warm! :)

I play drums but sold my kit years ago and have yet to replace it(it was a 6 pc Premiere Resonator set) so I'm using FXpansion BFD.

Let me know if you have any questions :)

Bill

http://www.billheins.com/

Hail Vibrania!