Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ed Cherney, RIP

Accomplished producer/engineer Ed Cherney died yesterday, October 21, of an undisclosed illness. I met Ed, but never had the pleasure of working with him. I know people who liked and worked with Ed, and I'm saddenedâas I'm sure they areâby his passing.

My sincere condolences to Ed's friends and his wife, Rose Mann-Cherney.

Recording Legend Ed Cherney, Dead at 69

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sad to learn of this today. I met Ed several times over the years and had the privilege of doing some business with him. His talent and body of work speak for themselves. His energy and big personality were off the charts but at the same time he was approachable and personable. He always seemed to really enjoy what he was doing.

He will be missed.

He was a super lovely guy.

I got to work with him on a few projects about 10 years ago, and bumped into him occasionally at events. He was always upbeat, funny and happy to chat. He was super talented, but always easy going. So so sad to hear about his passing. I had heard through the grapevine that he had just learned he was sick a few weeks ago. RIP Ed.......