Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

2020 R&R HOF Nominees

Larryz

And the nominees are:

"Pat Benatar

Dave Matthews Band

Depeche Mode

The Doobie Brothers

Whitney Houston

Judas Priest

Kraftwerk

MC5

Motörhead

Nine Inch Nails

The Notorious B.I.G.

Rufus featuring Chaka Khan

Todd Rundgren

Soundgarden

T. Rex

Thin Lizzy"

https://www.rockhall.com/2020-nominees

My Vote goes to the Doobies

:cool:

Take care, Larryz

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep I used to like Patty LaBelle and Gladys Night as my favorite singers, until I saw Whitney do the Star Spangled Banner at the Super Bowl that year, she knocked that rendition out of the park and that rendition still has not been topped yet. Once I saw/heard that, I began to listen to her other stuff and she was flat out amazing. (Well maybe the Hendrix at Woodstock version might have been more interesting to guitar players)

I think that's a pretty weak field. Good to see Todd Rungren in there but I don't think he'll get in anytime soon. Where's Boston, Blue Oyster Cult, Styx, Foreigner, ELP, Joe Walsh, Kansas, Grand Funk, UFO, The Scorpions, Jethro Tull, Johnny Winter, Mannfred Mann's Earth Band, Midnight Oil, Robin Trower, Steppenwolf, Supertramp and Bad Company amongst others. Ok. I got that out of my system. I'm good for another year.
"Let me stand next to your fire!", Jimi Hendrix

The Doobie Brothers, Judas Priest, and definitely the MC5 belong in there. The rest, not really. Those three bands were not only great in their own right, but they were hugely influential on many other subsequent performers, the exception being the Michael McDonald era of the Doobies. Whitney Houston, Notorious BIG, and Rufus weren't ever a part of the rock and roll genre. While they each should be in some other kind of Hall of Fame, none of those should have ever been nominated to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Todd Rundgren wrote two really good songs (I Saw The Light, and Hello It's Me), plus one popular novelty song (Bang The Drum All Day). Three songs in a fifty year career does not make one Hall of Fame material. Depeche Mode? Seriously? This is not the "Hall of Huh?"
I rock; therefore, I am.