Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Analog Lab to play live/on stage ?

Hello everybody,

There is a nice discount on the Analog Lab today and I was wondering if it is a nice thing to have ?

Is it stable enough to go playing live ? On stage !

Have a great day and thank you

Nord Electro 6D / Prophet Rev2/ Digitakt / Minilogue / Keyscape -

New video :

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A web link would be nice, personally I'm not familiar with Analog Lab.

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

Will it work w/ MIDI program changes in FUTURE ???

I´m actually learning, STEINBERG decided skipping "old school" MIDI Program changes w/ VST3 and officially discontinued VST2(.4).

Meanwhile I have to install p.ex. Sonic Projects OP-X Pro II, being one of my favourites, as VSTi OP-X Pro v1.1 (latest working 32Bit) "bridged" in 64Bit hosts, just only to make "old school" MIDI Prg.-Changes happen.

What do they think ?

We have time for changing patches via mouse and for every single device ?

I´m really pissed !

Reason Studios (formerly Propellerhead) Reason 11 VST3 Rack ... the same ...

MIDI Program Changes don´t work anymore,- not only for the VST3-Rack,- but also for every VST plugin hosted inside that "rack",- every other Reason device hosted included !

It´s insane developement,- especially for keyboardplayers using software like "hardware" devices,- replacing those.

The actual evolution makes software unusable for me,- except for homerecording,- which is the last in line interest I have.

Thx,- Charlie Steinberg !

There were the days we occasionally met in studios, when you still worked as a recording engineer, on parties or in your companies home locations in Hamburg, may it be Billwerder Deich or Höltigbaum.

You were one of the pioneers of MIDI, but what you do now is the last in line shit !

It already was when you sold to Pinnacle and later to Yamaha!

Thx again !

A.C.

Its why I stay with my XITE-1 and face palm how RME , MOTU, UAD and Lynx have no MIDI CC"s on any of their mixers and prgm chng messages?

Thats incompetence or laziness to assume nobody will miss or notice.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

I have the Arturia Keylab 61 Black Edition, which is the second generation.

Several years of gigging with no issues.

Everything is assignable.

It, of course, works natively with Analog Lab and the Arturia V-Collection software.

I use Mainstage, and the Keylab is the master controller in the rig. It handles all patch changes. I also run GigPerformer now and then and it controls that just fine as well.

I love the keybed, and the after touch is smooth and really lets me get nuanced control on patches where I use it.

I did also buy the Keylab MK2. I haven"t used it live yet, but it is solid as well.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

Dextroze,

Just sharing my brief experience with Analog Lab 3 and Piano V here.

When you select a preset, you're ready to go in no time. There's hardly any noticeable 'load' time which is probably a good thing for live performance. You can totally use any controller you like, but their own keyboards are fully integrated with Arturia software already. I have a few demos posted in this playlist, in case you wanted to check out some recordings from a different perspective.

www.youtube.com/c/InTheMixReviews

Is Analog Lab stable for live use ?:)

Yes it is.

The Arturia instruments (Analog Lab, and the rest of the V-Collection) make up the majority of the sounds I use in my Mainstage or Gig Performer Rig.

They just simply work.

Now that I see you are talking about the Software: as others have mentioned, any controller will work with the software. However, the Keylabs are already setup natively.

I'd recommend the Keylab MK2. It also comes bundled with the software.

Here's my Keylab 61 Black Edition (above my PX5S)

nMmw6o.jpg

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu: