Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A Kurzweil progress minute

Soooo, my PC3 correction evolved around a setup with certai AUX2 effects and very specific settings to the global effects (eq and multi compress) to bring out studio recording elements from the sounds, in this case mostly ROM sounds with specific (the same for every sound if there'd be midi edit, they could be automated) edits.

For the first time, with settings that become musical instruments IMO. I've now tried a very short song recording fragment, which uses 4 corrected sounds in short tracks:

songtestf8a.mp3 22 secs 44.1 320kbps fp mp3 recorded straight at 96kHz, ffmpeg made 44.1kHz sampling rate from that

So for those who don't believe it's a Kurzweil making these sounds or who'd lik to be daring and try them themselves, here's the song with the sounds and effects in pc3 form:

songplustestf8a.pc3

if everything still works like I think it does, the download contains the song in PC3 format with the slightly changed 4 ROM sounds, the AUX2 effect chain, and the global effect settings, so it sounds the exact same as the recording above, except not through mp3. The saved version of the song seems to put the volumes of the tracks at 127, whic shoul dbe put back to 101, or things will not work right (the setup is sensitive to that).

Theo V

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank your Al.

For the record: the saving of the song has been a while, and I thin I forgot the pressing of the "Keep" button on the mix page for some program parameters, so if some of the dozens of downloaders of the mp3 and/or hte actual .pc3 file might have noticed, there's programs when you imported the song, which are in the right order of MIDI CH 1 2 3 and 4 drums bass CP-piano and ARP-synth, and their volumes should all be set to 101 and the AUX2 sends to Post + 5 dB, or things don't work really well...

T.