Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2019-2020, 100th Season Thread

The Packers owe their 3-0 record to their defense. How about that?

Yep. At one time, the Packers' DC (Mike Pettine) was HC of the Cleveland Browns. Pettine is doing a great job there.

I'm hoping the Skins will take note and realize Gruden belongs on his brother's staff. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dodgers in the playoffs and the Rams on Thursday Night Football at the same time = a lot of stimulation for LA fans. At least I had a Dodgers victory to soothe me after the Rams tough loss. Going 0-2 after a 3-0 start is an unfortunate turn of events for our NFC team.

That said, I know we've got it better than DC fans. My condolences.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I understand the reason for "Roughing the Passer" penalties. But Referees making that call against Defense when it was for pushing a QB out of bounds and when a Defensive player tackled a QB below the waist and above his knees does NOT qualify for roughing the Passer. There were two bad calls against my Steelers Sunday, Our BU QB took a hit and was knocked out of the game, and the 3rd string QB had to finish the game. Wonderful.

Its bad enough to try to win against the Ravens as it is this season, the only thing I learned is the way the Ref's were betting.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

I understand the reason for "Roughing the Passer" penalties.

Yep. Some of those calls are totally unnecessary. The QB is atill a football player. He's not a figurine.

In other news, the Jay Gruden era is over in Washington. I'm sure he'll land on his feet.

I'm more curious about who Snyder and Allen will find in a head coach capable of putting up with their sh8tshow and having any chance of building a winning football team.

If the Skins are not going to promote a young coach from within the organization, I hope Mike McCarthy is in their sights. Of course, Allen would probably have to quit. ð¤£ð

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I understand the reason for "Roughing the Passer" penalties. But Referees making that call against Defense when it was for pushing a QB out of bounds and when a Defensive player tackled a QB below the waist and above his knees does NOT qualify for roughing the Passer. There were two bad calls against my Steelers Sunday, Our BU QB took a hit and was knocked out of the game, and the 3rd string QB had to finish the game. Wonderful.

Its bad enough to try to win against the Ravens as it is this season, the only thing I learned is the way the Ref's were betting.

Mike T.

Yeah, a lot of referee calls this season are overzealous, even given the new rules. I wonder whether it's simple human error or whether calls for a less brutal game have swayed officiating even further than the new rules require.

My condolences on the Steelers' quarterback situation, Mike, especially given the loss of all of the Killer Bs. I hope Pittsburgh bounces back quickly.

Best,

Geoff

I understand the reason for "Roughing the Passer" penalties.

Yep. Some of those calls are totally unnecessary. The QB is atill a football player. He's not a figurine.

In other news, the Jay Gruden era is over in Washington. I'm sure he'll land on his feet.

I'm more curious about who Snyder and Allen will find in a head coach capable of putting up with their sh8tshow and having any chance of building a winning football team.

If the Skins are not going to promote a young coach from within the organization, I hope Mike McCarthy is in their sights. Of course, Allen would probably have to quit. ð¤£ð

McCarthy might well be a nice fit. I think he could at least bring some stability to the organization. Washington deserves a good football team. Good luck, ProfD.

Best,

Geoff

Thanks guys for the positive Posts and condolences about my Steelers. I was never a fan of Big Ben's personal behavior, and I didn't like the way he threw players under the bus on his radio show each week. Mike Tomlin finally put a stop to his radio show. Ben wasn't throwing the ball well and the injury he suffered had to be something that had to be bothering him before it gave out, That said, I think we can win with Rudolph at QB. Too bad he got his bell rung and had to leave the game on Sunday. I can't blame the Raven's player for a dirty hit, it was incidental contact, not intentional.

We have to be prepared to take some loses this season, it was expected, At least our Defense has improved, getting some turn-overs for a change, that area was lacking big time.

I get really tired of Steelers fans ripping on Mike Tomlin. He's an excellent coach and the Front Office has no plans to show him the door. Steelers fans are too quick to point the finger in the wrong place, it gets old. I say Mike Tomlin is a better coach than was Bill Cowher. That opinion is not very popular in some corners.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

I doubt that the Steelers will fire Mike Tomlin. The front office is aware of the internal problems caused by "some" of the players. Apparently they are getting a handle on it. We have to expect a losing record for a few seasons. The crap that was going on last year had to stop. I'd rather have a team that is on the same page, even if we lose.

Mike T.

I get really tired of Steelers fans ripping on Mike Tomlin. He's an excellent coach and the Front Office has no plans to show him the door.

If they do, Redskins front office will come after him hard.

Yeah. They haven't made it a secret. :cop::laugh:

I still think Allen would have to go *if* Tomlin became available and/or was interested.

The Steelers are loyal having only had three (3) coaches under the Rooney family. Tomlin isn't going anywhere.

Meanwhile, a few potential landing spots have been mentioned for Jay Gruden...Oakland, Houston, Miami and Atlanta. :cool:

PD

I get really tired of Steelers fans ripping on Mike Tomlin. He's an excellent coach and the Front Office has no plans to show him the door.

If they do, Redskins front office will come after him hard.

Yeah. They haven't made it a secret. :cop::laugh:

I still think Allen would have to go *if* Tomlin became available and/or was interested.

The Steelers are loyal having only had three (3) coaches under the Rooney family. Tomlin isn't going anywhere.

Meanwhile, a few potential landing spots have been mentioned for Jay Gruden...Oakland, Houston, Miami and Atlanta. :cool:

Any coach of Tomlin"s caliber is bat shit crazy if he works for Snyder. He ain"t no Jack Kent Cooke.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

The two hands to the face penalties agaionst Trey Flowers last night were ridiculous. Not one...but two. Video clearly showing both times that he never came off the shoulder pads. Literally cost the Lions the game and first place in th4 NFC North.

:complain::pop:

dB

The Bobby Layne curse is real.

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

I am never truly disappointed as my team tends to flirt with mediocrity on an occasional basis...

Go Bills.

Voyager, A Tribute to the Music of Journey - http:// www.facebook.com/voyageraz

Keys: Korg KronosX 88, M Audio Code 61, Novation Launchkey, Mainstage, Keyscape, Omnisphere

Looks like the KC train may have been derailed for several weeks.

Playing the MVP QB with a bad ankle was questionable. Having him run a QB sneak was not a smart play call. :cool:

PD

Playing the MVP QB with a bad ankle was questionable. Having him run a QB sneak was not a smart play call. :cool:

Fully agreed on both counts.

As a Raiders fan though, I can't say I'm that upset. :idk:

dB

What about the Eagles? I'm not only disappointed in my Steelers, I'd say Dallas gave the Eagles a beating this week. On top of that, the Jets kicked Dallas's butt the previous game. I never expect those kind of results from professional teams. Its another reason why I don't gamble.

• 3 weeks later...
I was worried the Seahawks picking up Josh Gordon would get our neighbor boy waived but he is still active and dressing for games. Pete Carroll seem to like Malik.

It was and Malik had a great catch towards the end a regulation. I hated to see the kid from Illinois miss that kick while subbing for Gould. I hope he gets another shot. He had a good game other than the kick that would have won the game.

• 1 month later...

NFL oddities:

⢠Lamar Jackson signed autographs from Jets players on the field after his team beat theirs last night.

⢠A team with a losing record (NFC East) could make the playoffs.

⢠A team that finished with a 4-12 record last year is dominating the NFC.

⢠The Patriots offense is struggling.

Best,

Geoff