Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard stand K&M Omega Pro

Looking through stands on the Thomann site recently and found a foldable version of the 18810 - the Omega Pro 18820. Always quite liked the idea of the 18810 but not the way it only folded into a long narrow shape - this one isn't exactly elegant but at least it folds up!!

Omega Pro

Available in Black, White or Red.

Just popped back to the site to have a look before posting and they have just added a version of this stand:

18800 Omega-E

Electronically adjusting stand - preset heights using an app. Must have deep pockets!!

Dave

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good find!

I have an 18810 which doesn't go anywhere, but man this would have been a nice option.

+1000.

I love my 18810, but it's just way too much of a pain to move for me to gig with it.

dB

dB and johnchop, I am with you guys.... I think the 18820 is next on my list!

"I have constantly tried to deliver only products which withstand the closest scrutiny � products which prove themselves superior in every respect.�

Robert Bosch, 1919

I gig with the 18810, and it is a great solid stand, this looks a good option.

Definitely going to get me the 18820, it looks like you can get a bag for it as well, which would be great, if the quality is good....

https://produkte.k-m.de/en/Keyboard-stands/Keyboard-tables/18829-Carrying-case

About $260 USD for the stand and the 2nd tier arms shipped to US. Not bad at all.

To stgermain, FWIW I picked up the K&M bag for my Baby Spider Pro and it was of very poor quality. Zipper broke very quickly, the material was thin and shredded soon after, and the bag handles were way too long to be carried comfortably. I had a third party bag made by a local vendor (Studio Slips) and it continues to be a work horse for me to this day. Don't know if the bag for the Omega is of higher quality and can't tell from the pictures online, but caveat emptor.

Saw this over at the Nord Stage forum, the K&M 18825 folding stand. If you follow the link and scroll down you'll see the 18825, it has a mic stand attachment, and the beauty of it, esp for single keyboard setups, is the keyboard and mic stand all fold up into a relatively small size. I want me one!

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

I don't see the 18825 on the K&M website. There is a 18826 (maybe just a later version?)

I have the Omega Pro, but agree it is cumbersome to move. I like the idea of the folding stands. And found one site offering the 18880 for $79. For that price I might get a stand solely for gigging (but some of the reviews of that particular stand seem mixed.)

https://www.thomannmusic.com/km_18880_reviews.htm?sid=7c97ca541687bc1bdefc21ab2b119f6c

I see one a K&M folding stand for $184 at B&H Photo. Doesn't look like it'd accomadate a 2d level. Did you see the pic on my above posting of it folded up with the mic stand attachment?

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

What do you think about the electric version?

Over 700 euros and 24 kilos.

Not foldable and not portable.

I can't see the potential application. Permanently installed in a high-end studio? But such a situation would hardly need to adjust the height so often as to justify the motorized stand.

I'm a bit perplexed, honestly...

• 5 months later...

I've finally got this foldable K&M Omega stand ordered... Including 2nd tier and tray from Thomann for $290 USD (all B-Stock), including shipping to USA

(B&H wanted for $450 for only 2 of the 3 pieces below, with 2 weeks shipping and be non-returnable)

Now, to see how long it takes DHL to get from Germany to Cleveland! ð¤

K&M 18820 Omega Pro White

K&M 18819 Keyboard tray

K&M 18811 White Keyboard and laptop holder

After watching the folding on this video, I had to have it...[video:youtube]

I've played a couple dozen gigs with my new foldable Omega stand and love it. I used the non folding version for over a year and liked it but was a pain to pack into my car. Before that I used the Spider Pro for 3 years and finally determined it's not quite solid enough for hammer action DPs of any weight if you play with any force at all. The new folding Omega comes with a shoulder strap which seemed like a great idea but it failed the second time I used it and my new stand hit the sidewalk hard. No damage. It is very heavy and very solid.I just put the second tier from my older Omega on the new one. They are the same dimensions and totally compatible.

I"ve never used the 18950 but I have zero wobble to report on either the 18810 or 18820. I"m not using the heaviest boards. Forte 7 is 42 lbs. XK1C is 16 lbs. I have the laptop extension with two effect pedals attached with Velcro and the other accessory attachment I"m using for an iPad. I"ve never been to picky about wobble though. The spider pro was a wobble fest which didn"t bother me.

I got the Omega Pro last week and it's a bitch. It's very sturdy, no question about it, but not flexible and I got the matching tiers. It's not flexible at all and doesn't fit well in a truck. The thing I can't figure out is if the tiers will work with the foldable one? I will send it back and talk to my buddy at Sweetwater as I didn't use it.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

I guess I don't play that hard, and to be fair both keyboards I have are less than 20 pounds, but I've never had the Spider pro wobble on me. (Weight of the keyboard is surely the reason).

K&M certainly makes nice stuff. I got their mic boom arm recently and it's great.

Just to fold fit in the car, that's made well and has a quick set up time. Like someone said the Omega is pain to put into a vehicle. I don't know why it seems to be so hard for a good manufactured stand to go on the market. One that tiers don't break, knobs get stripped easily, parts constantly fall off of. It seems to be elusive. In thirty years of gigging every stand I have had from Ultimate Support to Quicklok all fail. Boogles the fuckin mind.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

I feel your pain. I've been to hell and back with this, everything you've described. The Omega Pro does not fit nicely in my car but it does fit which is good enough for me for now. I leave the second tier attachments on but I take the actual tiers off and carry them separate in a backpack. Not the fastest setup or tear down but manageable for me. The Omega stands are my last ditch effort before ordering a bunch of Gibraltar tubes and parts and doing the design bit myself.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - for anyone that owns the Omega 18820 pro (folding one) - I can see from pictures that you can adjust the leg height - but can you remove the legs/feet all the way out? Reason I ask is I'd love to buy a bag/case that would fit the stand and the 2nd tier arms. Not sure the K&M bag will fit both - and it's a bit pricey and doesn't look all that strong! I thought if the feet are detachable, then I could go for a narrower bag.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Kevin