Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

2020 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees

Disclaimers: yes I know the Hall is somewhat of a farce and yes I know that the 'rock' in the title is extremely wide ranging now.

I have everything crossed for Kraftwerk getting the nod after six nominations.

Would love to see Pat Benatar get up, same for Rundgren and the Doobie Brothers.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, no Kansas, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, ELP. What a joke.

Of the nominees, I pick

Benatar (should have been in years ago - a no-brainer)

Rundgren, for influence more than anything else

Kraftwerk, as pioneers

Judas Priest, as pioneers, influence, and metal excellence for decades

Doobies, for hit-making longevity

Edit: wait - is Alice in? If not, another travesty.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Here's the full list of nominees to save other folks the Svengle:

Pat Benatar

Dave Matthews Band

Depeche Mode

The Doobie Brothers

Whitney Houston

Judas Priest

Kraftwerk

MC5

Motörhead

Nine Inch Nails

The Notorious B.I.G.

Rufus featuring Chaka Khan

Todd Rundgren

Soundgarden

T.Rex

Thin Lizzy

A diverse list, to be sure, and all have been influential. I know it's been a few years since Nirvana got in, but I'm still not used to seeing those 90s bands on those lists... time waits for no one.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Priest is everything. Kraftwerk and Soundgarden can come too (and NiN). The rest can suck my big fat Electric Eye!

No Maiden, no Krimson... FUCK these pieces of SHIT! Anti-talent scum!

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

I can go, the company I do systems work for and who employs me, Voxx Intl.Corp. has owned Klipsch Speakers for about 8 years now. They were originally called AudioVox, the car radio company previously, Voxx still does that BTW and now worldwide and a couple of other things also....All the sound at the RRHOF shows are supplied with Klipsch FOH/Monitor speaker systems. I didn't go last year because it's a 5 hour show and it will take me about 3 hours round trip on the Long Island Rail Road to get there... no, nada for this old road dog! Even if Tull does gets in... Kick out the Jams MF. I'm ok w/ The Dobbies, Todd and the MC5. If I do go, I would want to be backstage... not sure they would let me, but they might! I just set up the company PA on LI for our events in the main office... I may have a bit of pull. But 8 hours!

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Whitney Houston?

Notorious B.I.G.?

How are we defining "Rock and Roll" these days? Or is it just "Any pop artist from about 1920 - Present"?

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

The biggest joke of all is when they inducted Deep Purple and left out the original bass player, when the rule is the originals always get in. Nick Simper is on the first three albums. By this logic his band mate Rod Evans shouldn't have been in. They make no sense.

And a hall without Paul Rodgers (who isn't in for Free or Bad Co)...is truly a hall of shame. But they are now nominating Whitney and Biggie before Paul. Really????

I can go, the company I do systems work for and who employs me, Voxx Intl.Corp. has owned Klipsch Speakers for about 8 years now. They were originally called AudioVox, the car radio company previously, Voxx still does that BTW and now worldwide and a couple of other things also....All the sound at the RRHOF shows are supplied with Klipsch FOH/Monitor speaker systems.

I didn't know that - that the company had renamed itself nor that you did work for them. I worked for Audiovox one summer installing car stereos in store displays. I don't know if that was the same location they are now. They own an impressive bunch of brands according to Wikipedia. If they had when I knew them, I might have stuck around! ;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I can go, the company I do systems work for and who employs me, Voxx Intl.Corp. has owned Klipsch Speakers for about 8 years now. They were originally called AudioVox, the car radio company previously, Voxx still does that BTW and now worldwide and a couple of other things also....All the sound at the RRHOF shows are supplied with Klipsch FOH/Monitor speaker systems.

I didn't know that - that the company had renamed itself nor that you did work for them. I worked for Audiovox one summer installing car stereos in store displays. I don't know if that was the same location they are now. They own an impressive bunch of brands according to Wikipedia. If they had when I knew them, I might have stuck around! ;)

Bone Muskelton, that is the same company yes... same location in Hauppague, NY... they had a cell phone business for a while and others beside the car radio stuff which has grown to Europe/Intl. now in some high end cars too w/video devices also for car seat backs/vans etc...but when everything went Smart Phone they got out of the cell phone business and bought Klipsch Speakers as an acquisition.... They are looking for another acquisition...Voxx is a Billion$ corp now, international. They are just doing 'OK' financially, I hope to retire in 2 1/2 years from here, been here for 5... they went International about 10 years ago. I hope to teach and play and possibly get some computer contract work from them when I retire...see what happens with that..my boss and I worked for the Software Company for the SW they use - J.D Edwards...It's like SAP. Enterprise software. We are sort of the 'Pros from Dover' in Voxx with JDE... my buddy sells Leslies and Hammonds on the side, a bassplayer by trade...comes from a musical family... his brother was the original keyboard played in the band - 'Volunteers' , the original GD cover band of LI that became the 'Zen Tricksters' ... he was in just before Rob Barraco who originally came from the Zen Tricksters along with âJeff Mattson who both did stints in The Dead after Gerry passed! We know them both! Not a bad day gig and I got to buy and design the PA for company use...We were renting a JBL PA's from GC for Co. events till one of the big Stockholders noticed at the SH meeting, so! Went to GC last week and they told me $ is no object for the small Klipsch PA we keep for Co. events in Hauppague... Got the speakers from Indiana and I bought the rest at GC - Crown, Mackie board...SM58 hand held remote system, cables , stands etc ...etc etc...but I'm writing a program right now! VOXX sort of doesn't know they are an Audio Company yet on scale with JBL! Klipsch has a lot of big permanent installs at concert venues and also does Movie Theater Speaker system.... beside their consumer side and high end audio side!

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

The HoF sure gets a lot of attention and hubbub for something so many consider "BS", if you don't like it and disagree with it's existence why talk about it at all?

And it cracks me up to see many complain about artists that aren't in yet, as if every artist and their brothers crappy garage band won't get in eventually, newsflash - they're all getting in someday.

The HoF absolutely loves the hype that comes with pissed off fans not seeing their favorite artists get in, and then the adoration they give when they do.

I'm not a big fan, I've been there and it was ho-hum, but I do like the concert ceremony, great musicians to be seen there.

Whitney in the rock HOF. Don"t get me wrong â she was incredible â but I never heard her do any rock.

Nor does Kraftwerk, hence my original disclaimer. The HOF is very broad now, it is what it is.

Bone Muskelton, that is the same company yes... same location in Hauppague, NY...

Sooner or later, I'll be on LI and we'll actually be able to meet up. I'm sure I passed you* a bunch of times this last weekend.

* passed by wherever you were- I spent the whole trip in Huntington and Centerport for once.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Bone Muskelton, that is the same company yes... same location in Hauppague, NY...

Sooner or later, I'll be on LI and we'll actually be able to meet up. I'm sure I passed you* a bunch of times this last weekend.

* passed by wherever you were- I spent the whole trip in Huntington and Centerport for once.

OK, just give a heads up!