Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Amazing, Jake! :):thu:

Thanks Joe. Music is the greatest therapy for everything...

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

I listened to the last page of performances on my big monitoring system.

@"Monks Dream": sound a bit almost expanded as a sound in the beginning, but nice performance. Organ sounds ok, but I would wonder: aren't you out of sounds after a few songs ?

@"Music bird": a bit down on the Dr Pepper / Red Bull ? It is rightfully called music, though, that's almost worth a special mention in it's own right..

@"MathOfInsects" there are nice sound elements in your YT, thought the amount of breathing probably aimed for is hard to get digital. Strong song, a bit like Fagen, I suppose this is not a jam result, but a matter of construction ?

@"samuelblupowitz": tight drummer, I'm not really into the rest of the band, to be honest,but that might be a matter of personal taste.

@"GregC"; you're trying to invent ambient 70s music ? I think for me the allure of playing the Kronos is limited, honestly, but this is a nice song..

@"Jazzooo": the first track (only one I heard, via YT), professional track, some life left in it, I don't think I qualify to say something definitive about how the piano qualifies in the particular genre but it sounds well made

@"MAJUSCULE": the singer is making a lot of music, the sound of the band doesn't appeal to me at all. It's a bit like "where are the influences" in terms of all these blues/pop/rock licks and a vamp here and there. In the originals, such liberal use of the power of the instruments' use here wouldn't be ok at all. Not necessarily: "play like I would" or "less is more" but what works when people listen to the various musical elements produced, what is their feeling value.

@"linwood": listening to parts of your Vimeo demo reel I enjoyed some of the later fusion fragments

@"dazzjazz": your poppy song is catchy, nice voice of the singer, though on my system the production (if it is fair to judge such on soundcloud anyway) sounded boomy

T

I list

@"GregC"; you're trying to invent ambient 70s music ? I think for me the allure of playing the Kronos is limited, honestly, but this is a nice song..

LOL. I am 70's Songwriter [GregC} on Sound Cloud.

Not sure which of my +60 songs you listened, my last song is Space on Earth:

I like your comment. There is always a slight chance that the retro 70's will have a pop

resurgence in the future.

Currently , rap artists, hip hop artists , some pop, DJ stuff is swamping SoundCloud.

That might be a mirror for all digital music today.

I am mostly rooted in the 70's. Have committed to that and my approach.

Even the 70's is a very wide musical landscape, it still holds my interest and enthusiasm [ and Muse].

IMO, Kronos programming had its roots in 70's music. This might help explain why Kronos is a natural

with my music brain + the Programs. I can see being inspired by Kronos for another 20-30 songs.

After that, I might feel a limit to the partnership/music relationship. I try to stay aware of repetition.

The new Fantom has caught my interest, and my hopes are that it will be an excellent song writing partner.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

@"Monks Dream": sound a bit almost expanded as a sound in the beginning, but nice performance. Organ sounds ok, but I would wonder: aren't you out of sounds after a few songs ?

@"Music bird": a bit down on the Dr Pepper / Red Bull ? It is rightfully called music, though, that's almost worth a special mention in it's own right..

@"MathOfInsects" there are nice sound elements in your YT, thought the amount of breathing probably aimed for is hard to get digital. Strong song, a bit like Fagen, I suppose this is not a jam result, but a matter of construction ?

@"samuelblupowitz": tight drummer, I'm not really into the rest of the band, to be honest,but that might be a matter of personal taste.

@"Jazzooo": the first track (only one I heard, via YT), professional track, some life left in it, I don't think I qualify to say something definitive about how the piano qualifies in the particular genre but it sounds well made

@"MAJUSCULE": the singer is making a lot of music, the sound of the band doesn't appeal to me at all. It's a bit like "where are the influences" in terms of all these blues/pop/rock licks and a vamp here and there. In the originals, such liberal use of the power of the instruments' use here wouldn't be ok at all. Not necessarily: "play like I would" or "less is more" but what works when people listen to the various musical elements produced, what is their feeling value.

@"linwood": listening to parts of your Vimeo demo reel I enjoyed some of the later fusion fragments

@"dazzjazz": your poppy song is catchy, nice voice of the singer, though on my system the production (if it is fair to judge such on soundcloud anyway) sounded boomy

T

Theeeeeoooooooo, I wanna be critiqued as well!

It's not a clone, it's a Suzuki.

Uhm, right, that's pages back, and there were some othersbehind the the "spotify" wall (I don['t recall my "free " credentials there to log in).

Anyway, that's a pretty decent Rhodes solo in there, by the book, and I appreciate the idea of making a little video film, that's worked, too. Acoustics are hard to record digital, the AP worked but tends very quickly to get static for that reason. Good job.

Going Nowhere Fast

Are we going nowhere fast ?

This upbeat retro guitar rock song , an anthem to the pace of life, has a power drum

groove and a variety of instruments, mostly guitar based.

In addition, I have reached over 47,000 listeners the past year on my Sound Cloud,

+60 original instrumentals.

Hope you like them all ;)

Greg

[70's Songwriter]

T

sir...who are you and what have you done with Theo? This is a tightly written, concise and understandable summary of reviews.

I ask again, what have you done with Theo?

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

Wow Jake! :like:

Thank you. I started this when there weren"t any keyboards that split and never changed my habits. Just an old fossil having fun......

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Theo, why can"t i make music that sounds like circus Lawrence Welk polka on Red Bull? That was funny sarcasm you did there.
Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

• 3 weeks later...

I always forget about this thread. Eric, that One Step from Magic video is terrific.

My band Noon Fifteen released our prog-soul suite, "At the Festival," last week. It's a 20-minute, through-composed piece about a man in mourning who goes to a music festival and winds up in the underworld. Spooky stuff, and a lot of fun. Among other fun things, I got to overdub a pipe organ, and I sing lead on the track that's sung by, essentially, the Devil.

Clonk.

Hope you enjoy.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

I always forget about this thread. Eric, that One Step from Magic video is terrific.

My band Noon Fifteen released our prog-soul suite, "At the Festival," last week. It's a 20-minute, through-composed piece about a man in mourning who goes to a music festival and winds up in the underworld. Spooky stuff, and a lot of fun. Among other fun things, I got to overdub a pipe organ, and I sing lead on the track that's sung by, essentially, the Devil.

Clonk.

Hope you enjoy.

Awesome! It really reminded me of my Spock's Beard, in a good way :D Also plenty of IVm, that's always a plus in my book!

It's not a clone, it's a Suzuki.

Thanks guys! :cheers:

Eric I can see brass in this song. It has a nice 80"s vibe kind of a cross between Hall and Oates and Spandau Ballet. It"s really a cool song man. You guys have a big sound for a 4 piece also. That"s not an easy thing to convey.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Mister Smoothy

Hi, this is an upbeat multi track smooth jazz instrumental original. If you like smooth jazz, I have 10 more in my SoundCloud Playlist.

Thanks !

Greg

[70's Songwriter]

Thanks guys!

Sam, the Hammond sound is coming from an HX3 Expander Module (using it"s internal sim and overdrive) which is midi"ed to the Electro 4D. Just wanted to clarify to avoid any potential confusion.

Hahaha it did sound better than I remembered -- thanks for clarifying, since I was starting to wonder why I when I played it, it never sounded as good as my Mojo (user error, most likely :wink:).

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Really enjoyed that Eric ! Band and the vocalist sound excellent, and a really nice tune - are you the writer ? Cool synth texture/tone that fits perfect. Best with it all.

Thanks Dave! The singer wrote this one, although we all contribute on arrangements. I appreciate the kind words!

Eric I can see brass in this song. It has a nice 80"s vibe kind of a cross between Hall and Oates and Spandau Ballet. It"s really a cool song man. You guys have a big sound for a 4 piece also. That"s not an easy thing to convey.

Thanks Jason! Yeah I arranged horns for four tunes on the record but we never really thought about this one, although I can see what you're saying! Also wasn't familiar with Spandau Ballet, so thanks for that. We're doing our best, still got a long way to go!

Clonk.

Hope you enjoy.

Very nice suite. Listening at work. Love the production work, keys and mix. Very enjoyable. Very Pro!

NS3C, Hammond XK5, Yamaha S7X, Sequential Prophet 6, Yamaha YC73, Roland Jupiter X

Clonk.

Hope you enjoy.

Nice work Sam! I like it. Cool grooves and lots of attitude. Tasty keys :cool: