Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

JV-1080 battery backup

Hope there are some experts out there that has some experience with the internal battery - I have so many custom pre-sets in the user setting

that if the battery dies, I'll be really screwed. I'm not sure how long this battery has been in there or how long it will last. I'm thinking about

putting a fresh one in.

Question I have is - to prevent the the USR section going back to default, is it ok to replace the battery while the unit is on?

Also, checking the manual , there is no mention of what battery P/N is used? Anyone know?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it uses a CR2032 battery and has a battery holder. No soldering needed. Here are couple of links that should be helpful. Of course, you should back it up before changing the battery. There is a post on the SOS page that says you can change the battery while the unit is on if you use plastic tools, but it's not something I would want to test myself or recommend to others.

JV-1080 Service Manual

Sound on Sound Topic: JV1080 - "Internal battery low"

Nord Stage 3 HA88, Nord Stage 3 Compact, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30, Rolls PM55P, K&M 18880 + 18881, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII, Zoom Q2n-4K

Regardless of the correct answer (I for one wouldn't try changing the battery while the unit is on), for Pete's sake, back up your patches. It's pretty easy of you have a DAW. If not, surely you know someone who does. If you don't back them up, at some point, you WILL be sorry! Murphy's Law & all that....

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

Regardless of the correct answer (I for one wouldn't try changing the battery while the unit is on), for Pete's sake, back up your patches. It's pretty easy of you have a DAW. If not, surely you know someone who does. If you don't back them up, at some point, you WILL be sorry! Murphy's Law & all that....

Unfortunately no DAW with is unit, no access to a PC :cry:

Do you mean that you don't have access to a PC or there is no access to a PC with he JV-1080? I can't remember what I did when I had mine, but I think you can perform a MIDI bulk dump of all user data. You just need a MIDI interface for your PC and a free program like MIDI-OX. Probably worth checking out.

Nord Stage 3 HA88, Nord Stage 3 Compact, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30, Rolls PM55P, K&M 18880 + 18881, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII, Zoom Q2n-4K

Do you mean that you don't have access to a PC or there is no access to a PC with he JV-1080? I can't remember what I did when I had mine, but I think you can perform a MIDI bulk dump of all user data. You just need a MIDI interface for your PC and a free program like MIDI-OX. Probably worth checking out.

I see now what you mean - There is a "Bulk Dump" command that I was not aware of ,...hmmmm

I'll check into it, thanks!