Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ELP sheet music

Getting married this Sunday the 13th Oct and I am one desperate bridegroom. I am down to the 11th hour to find a copy of the sheet music for "Honourable Company - A March" from the Officer & Gentleman suite on ELP's 'Love Beach' album. I had the Anthology book at one time, but never had it returned from the person who borrowed it, who is long gone. Could anyone out there help me by sending me a scan of their copy. I don't believe my pianist could transcribe in time for the wedding

Sincerely,

J. Larry Rivera, RN

larzsystem@yahoo.com

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I put the call out to my ELP transcription list, if it"s in one of their books someone will come through. You should have asked a little sooner.

You had to pick that one, lol? Most of my group avoid that recording like the plague.

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

Yeah, but Officer and a Gentleman is actually sorta cool. It has some Trilogyesque piano/vocal Art Song going on ("Girls,...") and as far as I can tell, KE's only serious delve into electric piano.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

. . . .It has some Trilogyesque piano/vocal Art Song going on ("Girls,...") and as far as I can tell, KE's only serious delve into electric piano.

He used some EP on the 3 album. It just sounded... wrong, lol.

Also, I seem to remember that they used to cart one around on the road to have some sort of a weighted action for warm-up in the dressing room. If I'm not mistaken, there was a picture of him at a Rhodes in one of the Contemporary Keyboard mags from around the Works tour.

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.