Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Abbey Road Anniversary Edition

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, depends on your tastes, of course...and not just the music.

Since there really are no standards for surround mixing, the engineers do what they want. It"s cool how many of them are not just mix in the front, fx in the back.

Some of my faves: Dark Side Of The Moon, Toy Matinee, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Relayer, The Lamb Lies Down, Tommy and Quadrophenia, Tarkus, TOTO IV, Rumours, Blow By Blow, Thick As a Brick...and pretty much any of the Beatles ones. Sergeant Pepper"s is the best Beatles one, IMO.

I have over 100....

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I only got the vinyl so can't speak to the 5.1 .. but have heard others say that the 5.1 is great ... I really enjoyed the Giles Martin remix of Sgt Peppers and the White Album .. excellent ... BUT ..... I think Abbey Road is one of those that really didn't need much more of a remix ... I compared the G Martin remix to the original vinyl and the MFSL (original master vinyl) and the older two were crisp clear, but also so much warmer than the new remix ...... the additional two LPs in the box set are interesting outtakes, etc .. but probably would have just got those on CD to save money ........realize sound is very subjective, but just my two cents .... there are some interesting things like panning the drums across the soundstage on the intro of Something ... but .. I still like the originals !!!

PC1x, Hammond XK1c, Deep Mind 6, MS500 (gig rig)

Kurz PC4, Mini Moog Model D, Little Phatty, Hammond M3, Leslie 145, viscount op-3, Behringer model D, Roland GAIA.. (home studio)