Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitars Are Awesome

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My father played violin, trumpet, ukulele, and organ.

I recall lazy Saturdays when dad would take out the uke with some well worn music books and play those old corny songs while we sang along. American songbook standards and Hawaii-pop songs of the Arthur Godfrey era. Fond memories.

I have his uke and violin now that he's gone. I can play chords on the uke, but can't get a decent sound out of the violin (but then I haven't put time into it).

Everyone has probably seen this TED but if you haven't:

Jake Shimabukuro - "Bohemian Rhapsody"

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com

Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

I've got a pretty respectable collection of guitars I've accumulated over the years. I Wanted a guitar the moment I became aware of the Beatles however my mom insisted on keeping with the piano lessons. At five I probably wouldn't have been able to play one anyway. I certainly dived head long into them later!

I've been in many bands over the years playing either/and/or keys and guitar but these days most calls come in for keyboards. Keyboardists, in this area anyway, are extremely difficult to find and most bands don't even bother. Guitarists, on the other hand, seem to be a dime a dozen.

these days most calls come in for keyboards. Keyboardists, in this area anyway, are extremely difficult to find and most bands don't even bother. Guitarists, on the other hand, seem to be a dime a dozen.

Same in my area too.

Sounds like doubling on keyboards is employment insurance :)