Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dexibell Vivo S9?

I"m very partial in this since I"m a Dexibell endorser since May, I bought the module and have an S9 on loan. I"ll be talking to the people at Dexibell about features I"d like to see implemented (or removed! ;-) ) and such, so if you have any ideas feel free to pass them on to me. I think they have a great thing going and although I don"t use the S9 for everything it really shines as a stage piano.

THIS is awesome - This is a fact: In DEXIBELL's product demos, in particular one from a major music distributor - Ralph Schink explicitly describes that UNLIMTED polyphony is where you can play as many notes with any of the instruments to your liking and that nothing will cancel out. However - that is NOT true at all - and I don't blame Ralph Schink OR any of their folks who make that statement - EXCEPT for ONE thing. I received a reply from DEXIBELL on this polyphony issue - and DEXIBELL said it's PERCEIVED UNLIMITED POLYPHONY... and then, were very kind to provide a link to another Youtuber who explains why. Of course - I did not review the video because I didn't really care and pertaining to DEXIBELL's claim, didn't really matter. If DEXIBELL says "It's unlimited polyphony and you can play as many notes to your liking with any of the instruments" - then to me, that's a HUGE selling point, in my opinion.

So - if YOU are an authorized distributor - AWESOME! You can tell them this - and perhaps let them know they aren't really stating the true facts on their DEXIBELL VIVO S9 when it comes to "polyphony" and this keyboard and the "unlimited" claims.

My second thing to point out to DEXIBEL is the EXTREMELY noisy keyboard, itself. It's pretty obvious and drives my wife nuts when I'm practicing with headphones.

My third thing is to adjust the piano sounds themselves - they sound REALLY REALLY tinny out of the box when compared to ALL of the DEMOS which BLEW me away.

BUT - that POLYPHONY issue is HUGE!!! HUGE!!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never had a problem with the polyphony running out of notes and Ralph gives a demo of constantly playing notes over and over again and I could not tell of any notes dropping out .

IF you set a piano on MAIN | set strings on COUPLE

Turn the couple volume to zero (for now at least) - slam down an octave C in the bass, and do a repetitive FAST arpeggio in the right hand in this order OR whatever order you want - G CDE G EDC G CDE G EDC G - over and over and over and over and over like a waterfall.... and go WAY PAST the possible polyphony limit - You'll hear the bass of the piano cut out abruptly - say HELLO to LIMITED POLYPHONY!

Go to Sweetwater and watch the video on the DEXIBELL VIVO S9 with Ralph Schink - and fast forward to 6:25 - WHAT THE HECK am I missing?????