Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SHS-300 Yamaha Keytar

"The SHS-300 Keytar ('Key' board + Gui 'tar') features a sleek, compact design that gives you immediate access to the exhilaration of playing music, even if you've never played an instrument before. Use the free dedicated "Chord Tracker" app together with the JAM function and the sounds that match the chord progressions on your smart device will be automatically assigned to the SHS-300's keyboard, allowing you to play along with your favorite songs as if you're part of the band."

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/entertainment/shs/shs-300/

And she has never played keyboard before! :)

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Elmer, your video is not posting.

Went to the site to watch the video. Wow, I'd buy it if bubbles spontaneously appeared everytime I played! I guess the question is, how white can you be?

I kinda doubt that she's never played before, she knew enough to have curled fingers and not flat.

Seems like a fun musical toy, one step up from Guitar Hero with its capability of playing the right note regardless of what you play, so a percussion instrument in that mode. Didn't see a price, probably $200?

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

Here you go.....

[video:youtube]

(Note: the forum software doesn't like any additional server variables after the video ID, so in this case, you have to delete the "&disable_polymer=true" off the end of your link. Sometimes it will put things like window size, start time, etc....none of that will work with an embedded YouTube link. So you'll see /Watch?v=xxxxxxxx and it needs to end at the end of that alphanumeric ID. if there is an & with anything else after it, delete the rest.)

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Um! Yeah? :rolleyes:

Even I"m not geeky enough for this!

It's not as difficult as it probably sounds. The forum software shows you exactly the format of link it wants for a YouTube video. Andything at the end of the link with an & sign is additional information that the forum software can't process, so just cut it off.

For instance

&t=15s

The part in blue is the format shown when you click the YouTube link in the forum software. The part in red is extra stuff at the end. In this case it tells the video to star at 15 seconds. You don't need to know that though, just see that there is an & with a bunch of crap and delete it.

In other words, no "and then", just cut the link off the way the forum wants it!

[video:youtube]

To simplify even further, if your YouTube embed doesn't work, it's one of 2 things:

1) you have a YouTube.be link that needs to be changed to YouTube.com/watch?v= The video ID for both links is the same.

2) you have extra garbage at the end. Find the "&" and delete it along with everything after.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

No golden rule about curled fingers vs. flat, just as with most things regarding technique. That Roman Polanski semi-autobiographical film set in Poland during WWII, "The Pianist", had a gazillion close-ups of completely straight fingers! It struck me at the time, but I have seen other top players since then that do that.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager