Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What are you listening to right now?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Scott Henderson album 'People Mover' and the new

Gino Vannelli album 'Wilderness Road'

Not one single keyboard sound on the first one :)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

• 3 weeks later...

Tower of Power, "Soul with a capital S", first 4 songs "remixed" through my immensely complex studio sound correction DSP processing chain (in the order of 1000 carefully tuned "plugin" effects on Linux), here's a short 20 seconds example recorded in 44.1 mpeg to give an impression of the sound:

toptest1.mp3

I hope this falls under fair use, most Amazon audio examples are longer. It's a random exactly 20 seconds fragment, by chance (at least from my perspective) coming from 'Sold Out'. Works best loud on a good stereo or something.

T

... "remixed" through my immensely complex studio sound correction DSP processing chain (in the order of 1000 carefully tuned "plugin" effects on Linux)

... It's a random exactly 20 seconds fragment ...T

ahhhhhh, ohhhhhhh ...

I created a loop and listen to it since an hr or such,-

it´s dazzling !

Does your chain handle batch processing ?

A.C.

Well these 3 parts are for correcting what I've called A-grade recordings, that have extensive preparations built in, which appear to converge to sound right through exactly the same chain settings.

In principle I just feed the first chain a CD track, or a high definition track, so if you have a track you want to try on it, I can feed it.

T

Been hooked on Gino as of late.

[video:youtube]

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Been listening to live Steve Hackett lately. The gradual disintegration of Genesis ultimately mattered little, the essence of band always lived on in Steve's capable hands. The sound quality of this show recording is stunning.

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5sMNFg43oc

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

The new Robert Glasper (and a lot of friends like Herbie Hancock) CD released named F#$k Yo Feelings. Robert doing kind of a Mixtape with great musicians and recorded at great studio. I'm a big fan of Glasper and long time Herbie fan so had to pick this up the day it dropped. Also if you've ever seen any of Robert's videos especially in the studio he is so funny.

I'll be damned if this isn't one of the catchiest songs of all time, cannot stop listening! I was led here by seeing Empire of the Sun on Later with Jools Holland. Very theatrical in a Mad Max space alien kind of way, wearing this long blue gown, playing a brand of EDM (I think), but then he whips out a pretty nice guitar solo, quite odd. So I digs a bit, and lo and behold they have this tune, that has apparently boosted their career by being used in Honda commercial. Whatever, this is just so damn catchy.

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

Having recently seen TOTO for the first time and having the pleasure of meeting Steve Pocaro and the rest of the band, I'm in a complete TOTO groove these days...dissecting and learning as much of that material as possible. Some of it is simply brilliant.

https://www.facebook.com/kevin.sage.77/videos/10219696572902840/

Voyager, A Tribute to the Music of Journey - http:// www.facebook.com/voyageraz

Keys: Korg KronosX 88, M Audio Code 61, Novation Launchkey, Mainstage, Keyscape, Omnisphere

Just picked up this, and really digging it, Amendola vs Blades: Everybody Wins. Scott Amendola on drums, Wil Blades on keys, mostly Hammond and Clav, along with a few guests like Tortoise's Jeff Parker on guitar. Great, funky, experimental but low-key stuff. I've seen Blades live a few times, he's a wonderful player.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just getting into Bobby Caldwell. What an underrated talent he is.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud