Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Mystery of Desert Ghost Towns At Night #3011144 10/05/19 04:07 PM
KenElevenShadows Offline OP
10k Club
OP Offline
10k Club
The abandoned always evokes such wonder -- particularly at night. What happened here? Why did people leave? What stories could these places tell? Did I just hear something?

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Re: The Mystery of Desert Ghost Towns At Night [Re: KenElevenShadows] #3011208 10/06/19 06:21 AM
Lou Gehrig Offline
Cool pics! Nevada? That one building looks like an aircraft hangar!

I signed up to do a workshop in Nevada a couple years ago, with Lance Keimig. Gold Point and Goldfield. Then I had to cancel just days before the workshop (long story). So close but so far away. frown

Last edited by Lou Gehrig; 10/06/19 05:20 PM.
Re: The Mystery of Desert Ghost Towns At Night [Re: KenElevenShadows] #3011296 10/07/19 12:49 AM
KenElevenShadows Offline OP
10k Club
OP Offline
10k Club
Lou, most of those photos are from Nevada except for the last one, which is Arizona.

I am friends with Lance, and have met up with him a number of times even though we live on opposite sides of the country. He is such a great guy and amazing photographer. The amount of knowledge he has about photography is astounding, and he teaches it extremely well. The community of night photography is relatively small, I suppose, so many of us know each other.

I've also photographed in Gold Point and Goldfield, although not with Lance. I think he asked me about Gold Point because I photographed there a couple of years before he did. Fascinating place, as is Goldfield.

Moderated by  KenElevenShadows, Mike Martin