Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Quintuplets anyone (Riff of the Month)?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks MwM, Makes me want to work on my 5 note timing on my 5 note scale LOL! :cool:

Thanks. I am trying to do some stuff that isn't just the "here's a million notes in an arpeggio" type thing. Learning to use quintuplets opens up a whole world of lined that are usable in ways beyond the riff itself.

Music With Marky - A YouTube Channel For Guitarists Who Want To Make Better Music

@ Mark, +1 the timing concept is more important than the riff and applying the concept to ones other riffs opens doors. I'm not a shredder so "a million notes in an arpeggio" does not interest me. The shredders are impressive but it's not a direction I work on to develop speed. Working quintuplets requires a similar speed practice when working with scales and in your riff, moving descending starting points is a cool part of the demo. I know the notes and was trying it half asleep last night and will get back on it later today. I come up with little riffs while running through the scales that just come out. The speed comes out as well. The fingers start talking and the brain starts remembering some of them now and then...thanks again! :cool:
Take care, Larryz

@ Mark, +1 the timing concept is more important than the riff and applying the concept to ones other riffs opens doors. I'm not a shredder so "a million notes in an arpeggio" does not interest me. The shredders are impressive but it's not a direction I work on to develop speed. Working quintuplets requires a similar speed practice when working with scales and in your riff, moving descending starting points is a cool part of the demo. I know the notes and was trying it half asleep last night and will get back on it later today. I come up with little riffs while running through the scales that just come out. The speed comes out as well. The fingers start talking and the brain starts remembering some of them now and then...thanks again! :cool:

Sure thing!

Music With Marky - A YouTube Channel For Guitarists Who Want To Make Better Music