Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RICK WAKEMAN To Embark On First Solo U.S. Tour In 13 Years

I saw him here in Long Island last week. Very entertaining of course. I was struck by how classically oriented and non-improvisational the piano performances were, it was like a recital, all strictly arranged and played just as planned and practiced, very "pianistically," no improv solo sections (or it didn't seem to me there were) No jazz or "rock" component to the playing really. He'd play a repeated section identically every time it came up within a piece. That's not in itself a good or bad thing, just interesting to note.

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The closest show to me is four hours away and it's sold out, anyway. You guys enjoy. I'll just conjure memories of when I saw Rick with Yes back during the Close To The Edge era.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.