Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My New L!

Fusker

Thought I"d start a fresh thread instead of hijacking the other thread.

Been on a quest for a grand for a couple years, a cross country move delayed things a bit, but with my daughter in her Junior year in high school and wanting to tackle Rachmaninov for her Senior year, it was time to actually do it....not to mention I"ve never personally owned a grand and will get countless hours myself. So we worked with a couple of dealers in the area and an L popped up on consignment. It"s a 1984, one owner (estate situation) that had regular maintenance records. The fully certified tech shop is putting it through the proper paces (inspection, regulation etc.) and we had my daughter"s piano professor inspect it as well....was in great shape aside from some slight scratches on top that have been addressed. Satin finish, looks gorgeous. We were trying to keep it under 6"0 given the room it will live in, so a shade under 5"11 looks like the sweet spot.

Next phase will be deciding exactly how to place it in the room, open to ideas on that front.

I"ll post some pics on Friday, very exciting!

Steinway L, Yamaha Motif XS-8, NE3 73, Casio PX-5S, iPad, EV ZLX 12-P ZZ(x2), bunch of PA stuff.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to upload some room prep pics, converted Pics to jpeg, well under file limit size, keeps telling me file type is blocked, what"s the deal? First time of tried posting a pic since the migration. Is the site so sensitive the files need to literally be 'jpg' as opposed to 'jpeg'?
Steinway L, Yamaha Motif XS-8, NE3 73, Casio PX-5S, iPad, EV ZLX 12-P ZZ(x2), bunch of PA stuff.

Was trying to do from my phone, which always switches it back to jpeg no matter how I try to convert, I"ll try from my PC...sigh, so 2003.

Room prep shot...still thinking on exact piano placement. Lol, gave up posting via phone, took 30 seconds on actual computer, thanks for help tough.

255.thumb.jpg.42223f99e856397306e6b7304919a708.jpg

256.thumb.jpg.968f4621e36662f3b02d201a0540a978.jpg

Great tips, thank you! You think that vent being closed is good enough?

Mia (daughter) was playing Nocturne in F# just now, sounds fantastic!