Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Selling My Gear: this is not an ad

I have decided I will sell my MicroBrute, Drumbrute and KeyStep, as i am not really using them. However, like J. Dan suggested. I will hold onto the piano, for now.

I have gotten seduced to looking for another keyboard. Almost thought about buying a used Roland VK-09, but decided against it. If i can"t master one keyboard, why bother with a second one. I would still be in the same predicament, just with another keyboard.

Paul

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've also scaled back on keyboards. Over the last three years I've sold the XP-30, Venom, Fantom XR (rackmount) and Kawai CE220. Getting married required some consolidation and I just didn't need those. I continue to cling to a few however; the FA-08 and Krome 61 which I'd been using for gigs with the band up until a year ago. I'm still using the Krome 61 while my wife uses my Privia PX-3 on our duo gigs, such a great meat and potatoes lightweight full size. Otherwise I still have a Korg TR88 mostly because it's the only one that fits at my home made work station but the gem around here is my wife's 1920 Steinway Model O.

Ah, the Venom. What a great keyboard. Too bad it was abandoned.

agreed.still have mine, never really used it to it's full potential

Then you'll probably get a kick out of this...and the Kraftwerk references that kick in around 35 seconds! It was all done in real time, like a DJ mix.

[video:youtube]

There was a great deal of buzz about it when it came out and I remember your demo video.

It was fun and I liked it, it was part of my live rig for a while. Alas the software was required in order to get the most out of it and there were a couple of glitches that had no chance of being addressed after it got dropped. A trucker with a route that passed through the area bought it from my craigslist posting. Apparently he was going to mess with it during down time on his travels.

There was a great deal of buzz about it when it came out and I remember your demo video.

It was fun and I liked it, it was part of my live rig for a while. Alas the software was required in order to get the most out of it and there were a couple of glitches that had no chance of being addressed after it got dropped.

That is the Achilles heel in so much gear. When someone says "And you can control blah blah blah with this app," I can't help but wonder if that means iOS 14 or Android Layer Cake is going to break it into little pieces, and turn a $500 piece of gear into a doorstop.

The assumption was that it was a live performance synth - you'd prep your presets offline using the (very good) software editor, then bring the Venom on stage and use the controllers it had. That kept the price/size/weight down, but also made it critically dependent on the editing software. Very unfortunate...