Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Why not make new proper sound nexus

In my journey with the PC3 (and probably compatibles) to arrive at sampling corrected, near "inside" sounding patches, or maybe: no longer patches as such, I'm finding the point where some of the few hundreds of parameters of my correction effects (an AUX2 effect set of 3 boxes/5 units and the global "setup" specific 5 band para eq and 3 band multi compressor for those knowing these instruments) exhibit the effect where a 1 dB change can make or break a certain (audible) sound aspect. If I presume there are sound preparations which allow me to get close to certain partials of perfection, that's the only logical consequence of how inaccurate the subtraction of 2 sounds is when they are 1 or more whole dBs apart. 1 dB difference is about 12 percent, so the steps of making sound layers add op to a ratio are course.

So for those who like to try this stuff out, usually ten or more, here's a sound I made yesterday from the tron voice ROM preset, converted to work my setup according to a few fixed sound transform rules, inluding the let's call it correstion SetUp with effects:

su1719tronvocfloyd6h.pc3 free download, not free for making commercial derived sounds with (duh)

Here's asound cip

tronfloyd1.mp3

Tome it's already a huge sound quaity difference, between generally "nah" when listening to ROM sounds on quality sound systems, and being bothered by how lousy the sounds mix and how much squeaking and whispering goes on, and a standing, solid tone, with some sparkle and so on.

TV

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic