Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy 70th Birthday Bruce Springsteen

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave I saw that. Did you get the Passaic Boot?? I just got it if you want it from Nugs.net. Let me know. I actually thought he was going to be 71. I wish Dan and Clarence were still around to see it.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

I loved a lot of my dad's music growing up, but Bruce didn't connect with me until college (it was the dual piano and organ in the band that really helped me find my way in, especially in the Born to Run/Darkness era). Absolutely one of the great songwriters American popular music offered up in the second half of the 20th century, and he's a down-to-earth, intelligent, thoughtful man of integrity, despite what some caricatures of him might imply. Glad he's still giving his all for us.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

I've always been a big fan and have seen him many times. A lot of them way before Greetings. I remember when he first started playing piano on gigs. He'd have a spinet on stage. I've still got a "board tape' of it.

http://linwoodbell.com/clientdownloads/BSB.jpg

I haven't really listened to Springsteen since the 1980's, but "Born in the USA" is 35 years old and "Born to Run" came out 44 years ago. A lot of years have gone by since the 70's and 80's era of rock and roll for sure.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

By the way, I did have a chance to chat with Roy Bittan from the E Street Band on Facebook a couple of times when I had a Facebook account and it was enjoyable to connect with him in that format directly about the same things we talk about here.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

Major Springsteen fan here, though only got into him in my thirties. What I've been most impressed about is his output over his whole career. His stuff since 2001's The Rising has overall been excellent, with a couple of exceptions. His latest, Western Stars is pretty damn great, to the extent I wrote a review :)

Happy birthday Boss

By the way, I did have a chance to chat with Roy Bittan from the E Street Band on Facebook a couple of times when I had a Facebook account and it was enjoyable to connect with him in that format directly about the same things we talk about here.

Wish I could. I am "friends" with him there but he doesn't really post from what I can see.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com