Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Installing Roland PK5A midi bass pedals to Tyros 5?

Hi,Can anyone in this group help me install and set up Roland PK5A midi pedals to my Tyros 5? I never worked with midi before and I read both manuals but cant understand how to go about it .I'm worried about messing up my settings on the Tyros. Any help will be very appreciated. I used to play Hammond and I would like to start kicking pedals again. Thank you so much.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi --

I suggest asking the same question on the PSR Tutoral Forum. You'll find many current and former Tyros 5 players there.

All the best -- pj

P.S. I'll be interested in the answer. I just joined a church group who are looking to me for B. I ain't complainin' :-)

Note that by default the Roland PK5a will transmit on MIDI channel 2.

Also note that its MIDI "Thru" capability allows you to connect another MIDI controller into the PK5a, and the MIDI output of the PK5a will actually contain both the signals generated by pressing keys on the PK5a, plus whatever came from the other MIDI keyboard controller.

Thank you for your response to my question harmonizer. I appreciate your answer but I am starting from square one, I need step by step, spoon fed instructions how how to hook up the pedals to a Tyros 5. I never worked with midi before. Thanks you for your help.-waitsfan

I don't know anything about the Tyros 5. I was just providing the info on that the PK5a, be default, will transmit on MIDI channel 2. The PK5a is basically a one-octave MIDI keyboards that you operate with your feet. So if you find instructions on how to use an external MIDI controller (keyboard) with your Tyros 5, those instructions would be mostly usable for you, except that those instructions might be expecting that whatever MIDI controller keyboard you hook up to it might be transmitting data on MIDI channel 1. While you can configure your PK5a to transmit on MIDI channel 1 (should that be needed), that is not its default.