Working with other songwriters/composers
#3009053 09/22/19 03:49 PM
linwood Offline OP
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
As musicians we get to wear many hats. I really enjoy wearing that arranger cap and working with other songwriter/composers and sharing in someone else's song. Last week I had the opportunity to work with Barbara Perry on a tune of hers. I was given a piano/vocal and the task of going "Disney" with it. The song is very well written and the vocal to die for so that makes my job easier. Anywho...here's the score as I wrote it...it could be cleaned up a bit, but you can see how the song is constructed if you follow along. I think she's written a great tune here. I used the Spitfire Orchestra and for rhodes glue the '85 preset in Rhodes Affair and the Ac piano is Keyscape.

https://vimeo.com/showcase/6307408

Re: Working with other songwriters/composers
linwood #3012128 10/13/19 04:44 AM
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
late to the party here, Linwood, but just did have a listen. Started on speakers but it sounded so good I stopped and put on headphones. Beautiful.

A reason why I collect old keyboards is that I feel partly responsible for doing it, responsible for preserving history and being a custodian for these things
Plus, old gear has a story. I like that.
Re: Working with other songwriters/composers
linwood #3012227 10/14/19 12:39 AM
linwood Offline OP
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
Thanks Dave! It's been a fun project. Everyone is easy. I've done a couple for them now and have a few more to go.

Moderated by  Dave Holloway, linwood 

Link Copied to Clipboard