Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Stepping down.

A String

Well...It's been a good ride. 16 years I have been on this forum. You guys were here for the birth of my Daughter (She is now 15!). We've gained new friends and lost some old ones. We've learned from each other and taught each other. But, I just don't seem to get along with the new owner. As such, I will be stepping down. I will leave all of the lessons and information, pinned here, so you guys can continue to use them. Good luck, friends.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to see this, A String.

I hope this doesn't mean that the Forum is going to become just a conduit for ads, under the new ownership.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

@ Astring, It's too damned hard to find good Mods these days and you have done an excellent job! I wish you would stay on for 16 more years! It would be nice if we knew more about the issues between you and the new owner and could comment/vote. But, keeping it a private matter has most likely already been a decision that has been made. If there is no way to steer the boat back so we can catch more fish, just remember you have been a great fishing partner! Take care, Larryz :gofish:
Take care, Larryz

Stay in touch, perhaps even pop in here now and then. Be well and good; safe travels, my friend, literally and figuratively. It's been mostly harmless... ;)

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Craig, We have our Facebook group which is nice due to the ease of posting pictures of settings and gear.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I've read yer brief & tactful comment in recent PM

& I can only guess what you're actually dealing with.

I also think that,

after some amount of time, anyone might need a break.

HOWEVER

I sincerely hope that you will,

as Davy Crockett counselled,

"1st make sure that yer correct..."

In any case,

please stay part of the scene here, CB !!!!!

d=halfnote

And thanks to all of you who emailed and messaged on Facebook. I WILL still be active on the Facebook GP Refugee group and will try my best to stop in here, whenever I can.

In the mean time, You guys should all check out Mike Molenda's guitar forum:

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/forums/50/1/new-forum-mike-molendas-guardians-of-guitar

Damn good guy and super knowledgeable. Don't miss out on the opportunity to chat with him!

All the best A String-I posted on the refugee forum but, to reiterate, all the best and nothing wrong

with dropping by as a civilian. It has indeed be quite a journey. The right thing is the right thing, not the easy thing.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Thanks! Yeah, given the current situation, it was indeed the right thing to do. But, as I mentioned, I will still be active on Facebook, either on the GuitarPlayer forum refugee board or on my Facebook group, the Stringnetwork . I will stop in here from time to time, as long as I am able.

I fixed the link for the forum, but to be honest, after Lee passed away, we sort of stopped going there. I left it up for, mainly, archival use. We moved everyone from there over to the Facebook group. 90% of my time will now be spent over there or on the "Guitar Player Forum Refugee" group.

You can find the Facebook group at:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/thestringnetwork/

You have always been an awesome mod/admin! Losing you is a great loss for all of us. You and I didn't just become co-mods. We became good friends, and if there is a way back here, we all want you to return. It has been an honour to work with you side by side, and yes, it is a ton of thankless, un-acknowledged work. We will certainly remain in contact.
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

You have always been an awesome mod/admin! Losing you is a great loss for all of us. You and I didn't just become co-mods. We became good friends, and if there is a way back here, we all want you to return. It has been an honour to work with you side by side, and yes, it is a ton of thankless, un-acknowledged work. We will certainly remain in contact.

Here, here! Indeed.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

@ Bluesape, There are plenty of us here that are very thankful for both of you Mods...we all hate to see Astring stepping down and +1,000 we all want him to stay. A million thanks to both of you for all the work you do and all you have had to put up with over the years! :like:

Take care, Larryz

:facepalm:

Unfortunately for me this comes at time when my own online time has become quite curtailed so checking some of the contact options may take a while for me to explore .

Except for those who may just becoming aware of this shift

(kinda like that big chunk of ice breaking off Antarctica, eh ?)

I think we're all in agreement that this, well, sux

& I don't want to just reiterate what's been said...

BUT

:allhail:

&, in the ever-immortal words of the King of Rock & Roll

"Gone like a cool, cool breeze" !

[video:youtube]

d=halfnote

• 2 weeks later...