Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Just upgraded my well loved Electro 4 73 to an Electro 6D 73. Actually was planning on just getting the 61, but found too good a deal on the 73 to pass up.

A bit of a learning curve from the 4, with all the added features. (And frankly some seem less than user friendly...) But killer sounds and flexibility.

This thing. From left to right, me, Paul Gaeta (Moog store manager) Geert Bevin, Eric Christopher (chief engineer). Anyone wanna come help me haul it out of the car and up a flight of stairs?

lzoNUP9.jpg

Vj0uAfX.jpg

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

Just pulled the trigger on an Ashley MX-206 to complete this

Oh, it's coming from JACKSONVILLE, friking perfect!Component%20stack%204.jpg

174.thumb.jpg.239ca36b52c82b3b66697ebae971035a.jpg

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a new cover for the bed of my truck, and a locking tailgate latch.

While that does not sound like a musical purchase, the sole reason for the purchase was to protect my stage rig while traveling. I was having to put it all in the cab of the truck, which was literally a pain in the back.

Now I can put everything in the bed, unfold and latch the cover, then close and lock the tailgate.

Next purchase, a Rock-N-Roller R12RT (All Terrain)

Then a new case for my Yamaha MM8.

And maybe a new seat

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Well, I got myself a really nice 30th birthday present. Thank to all the folks who put up with my questions about dual manual clones over the past couple of months, particularly Dave Bryce, Mitch Towne, Dave Doerfler, and Jason (Outkaster).

I know this axe has been talked about a little too much on this forum, but now that I have one, I understand why. I love it and I'm having a blast. Can't wait to take it out.

http://samuelblupowitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/IMG_3466-e1568645156787.jpg

http://samuelblupowitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/IMG_3467-e1568645142171.jpg

http://samuelblupowitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/IMG_3468-e1568645128126.jpg

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Aw hell yeah! One step closer to Cory! ;)
Believe it or not, dB posted that Cory Henry bought his right after mine shipped. I don't expect my chops to catch up in this lifetime, but I was pleasantly surprised how effortless certain organ-ic gestures feel on this that didn't quite sound or feel like I wanted them to on my Nord. Don't want to be too hype-y, just really enjoying the instrument (so is my cat, as you can see).

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Just got a Key Largo mixer. I already have a couple small mixers, but was looking into getting a stereo DI, and I have a bit of gig payment money sitting there....rig is feeling quite complete right now, going stereo for the first time ever and feeling like I want to get as much quality as possible out of the sound. Quite a few people on here said their keys had never sounded so nice, so....:D

I don't need or want the extra stuff like sustain pedal/interface (My modx connects right to my ipad for sound and midi both), mainly just want great quality mixer and DI. Wish it didn't have a wall wart, two out of three pieces of my gear now have one :P I'll probably velcro the Key largo to a floor board along with it's power supply and a power strip so it can stay plugged in.

My Yamaha MODX7 was just delivered. The plan is to have it serve as a backup to my Nord Stage 3-88 and as an alternate board to take to rehearsals. Looking forward to going through the sounds and getting my songs programmed. From the threads here and reviews/videos posted on the web, it seems like a great value. Also looking forward to loading my old DX7 patches and hearing them again, this time with onboard effects.

Also, I don't think I ever posted about this, but at the beginning of the year, I also got a Zoom Q2n-4K with the optional battery pack. I'm using Panasonic Eneloop rechargeable batteries. I can record 4+ hours of 1080p/30fps video with 48KHz audio and have plenty of juice left afterwards. Great for getting FOH "game film" from gigs and practices so everyone can review their parts and stage presence. It has also been good for capturing footage to use in promo videos.

Nord Stage 3 HA88, Nord Stage 3 Compact, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30, Rolls PM55P, K&M 18880 + 18881, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII, Zoom Q2n-4K

My Yamaha MODX7 was just delivered. The plan is to have it serve as a backup to my Nord Stage 3-88 and as an alternate board to take to rehearsals. Looking forward to going through the sounds and getting my songs programmed. From the threads here and reviews/videos posted on the web, it seems like a great value. Also looking forward to loading my old DX7 patches and hearing them again, this time with onboard effects.

Also, I don't think I ever posted about this, but at the beginning of the year, I also got a Zoom Q2n-4K with the optional battery pack. I'm using Panasonic Eneloop rechargeable batteries. I can record 4+ hours of 1080p/30fps video with 48KHz audio and have plenty of juice left afterwards. Great for getting FOH "game film" from gigs and practices so everyone can review their parts and stage presence. It has also been good for capturing footage to use in promo videos.

Love my Modx7 though if you are used to heavier metal keyboards as I have been it's a bit of a shock!

Hooking up my ipad with a single cable and being able to have the audio come out of the modx was simply amazing. I think I just future-proofed my rig to some extent...there are some amazing-sounding virtual analog IOS instruments for example that really complement the Modx (though I think the built-in sounds are more than good enough for me, even the organ, which was a big surprise.)

One thing that takes a bit of getting used to is the "one level" of patches. Meaning, a patch can consist of other patches, but some may have more than one part. So for example, say I want to layer a factory string patch with a factory piano...I'd probably start with the piano, save it as a new patch, then add in the strings...but hey, now I see more than two parts! (because one or both of those patches consisted of multiple parts). In the new patch, you'll see all of the different parts together so it's not like the old Motif days where a performance is made up of patches..whew, sounds convoluted when you type it, you'll see when you start programming!

Love my Modx7 though if you are used to heavier metal keyboards as I have been it's a bit of a shock!

Hooking up my ipad with a single cable and being able to have the audio come out of the modx was simply amazing. I think I just future-proofed my rig to some extent...there are some amazing-sounding virtual analog IOS instruments for example that really complement the Modx (though I think the built-in sounds are more than good enough for me, even the organ, which was a big surprise.)

One thing that takes a bit of getting used to is the "one level" of patches. Meaning, a patch can consist of other patches, but some may have more than one part. So for example, say I want to layer a factory string patch with a factory piano...I'd probably start with the piano, save it as a new patch, then add in the strings...but hey, now I see more than two parts! (because one or both of those patches consisted of multiple parts). In the new patch, you'll see all of the different parts together so it's not like the old Motif days where a performance is made up of patches..whew, sounds convoluted when you type it, you'll see when you start programming!

Thanks, @Stokely. Can't wait to dig in! It sounds like there's a learning curve, but once you learn the language/concept it gives you a lot more flexibility. The superknob seems similar to the morph function on the Nord Stage but with a lot more parameters available. This is my first Yamaha since my DX7-IIFD so I missed out on the Motif/MOFX and this will be all new to me. Great to hear about the organs, since that was my biggest question about the MODX being a suitable backup. I think Step-1 will be to listen to the presets, mark some favorites, and learn by building out a few songs from my band's setlist. I'm sure I'll be over in the MODX threads as I get further into operation and I'm sure I'll be bugging you and the group over there!

Nord Stage 3 HA88, Nord Stage 3 Compact, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30, Rolls PM55P, K&M 18880 + 18881, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII, Zoom Q2n-4K

Sold my Motif XS6 and upgraded to a MODX7. Action feels great to me, and I'm a huge fan of the live set mode.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Sold my Motif XS6 and upgraded to a MODX7. Action feels great to me, and I'm a huge fan of the live set mode.

Hmmm.... I had a sold a Motif XS7 years ago, it had a really good action.

For me my new wonder board is a Korg PA 1000, sold to me by a fellow forum member, in perfect shape. Out of the dozen or so keyboards I've had over the years, this one is so far my favorite. What a board! The onboard 66 watts of power to the built-in speakers is headset quality, really lush, and the quality of the sounds is way, way better than expected. For the first time ever, I can do woodwind and brass leads without feeling cheezy or embarassed, and so far most of the sounds, other than EPs, are top notch, very expressive keyboard. And the rhythym sounds and patterns, esp for latin, are killer. And even the Styles or arrangements, which I never use on arranger boards, sounds fantastic, many of them are very fun to play along with, a real first for me.

Have felt like this keyboard was made for me! If only it was 76 keys!!! If only I was handsome!

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

Hmmm.... I had a sold a Motif XS7 years ago, it had a really good action. !

I did like the keybed on the XS, but at 18 lbs, the MODX7 is a little more than half the weight of the XS6.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

@Randelph

The PA-1000 actually has the sound engine from the PA4x, which is a heavily upgraded Triton soundset. I"ve played a PA-900 and it had some nice synths and instrument sounds, the PA-series are actually super popular (from videos) in Indonesian and Latin music bands which play specific kinds of music or one man bands from watching videos, it does a good U-20, YC-45D, and Juno-60/106 emulation, all popular keyboards over in Indonesia and Mexico a long time ago (YC organs are still expensive over there, and especially in Thailand).

Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.