Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Repair parts numbers - Yamaha & Hammond

The last couple months my boards have endured a lot, and I need to do a couple repairs. But, I can't seem to locate where to find the needed parts. Perhaps someone can help me.

Yamaha - My MM8 got some water that came in through the keys. Everything that really matters works, except the light for the display no longer works. It's playable, because I have set up presets with my patch changes, and splits. But, I would like to find the part to repair it.

Hammond - My SK2 has 2 problems. First off, the Leslie jack does not work. I had an issue where it just did not want to connect, at which time I replaced the 9-pin the 1/4 cable. Did not fix the issue. So, it looks like the problem is the jack. From experience with other boards, I suspect that it would mean replacing the output board. I just need to find where I can get one.

Also, it took a hit somewhere, and the data entry knob is broken, never to be found. I need to replace the board that has that as well.

When it comes to doing the repair, I'm handy enough where I can do the board replacements myself. I just need to find the parts, and I cannot seem to locate somewhere to get the parts.

So, I'm reaching out the the best resource for all things keyboard related I know - My KC family.

Any help is as always greatly appreciated, and if you get to the Space Coast of Florida, first round's on me.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had tried that already for the Hammond. It was my first place to look. The parts I am looking for are not there.

The only SK-2 part I've been able to find it a replacement power jack

For the Yamaha, that's just what I was looking for. Thanks

Many years ago I had an issue with my Korg N364 where I needed a couple circuit boards to do a repair. I couldn't find them until Jerry the K popped in and gave me the information I really needed.

I'm hoping there is a Yamaha & Hammond version of Jerry the K here.

Come to think of it, repair manuals would be helpful as well for both boards.

Willie Dixon

I don"t know about Hammond anymore. I was insanely loyal due to their support. You used to be able to call Ray and get situated quickly. It seems things have changed. Last time I needed parts I was told to contact Bill Brown. I contacted Bill Brown and he got me the parts. The parts still shipped out of Addison. The shipping was pretty expensive so get everything you thing you may need in one order. Shipping cost more than the replacement keys so I bought more than I needed just to have some spares.

Bill"s contact info is on his webpage. Bill is great to work with even if Hammond is becoming not so much.

https://www.bborgan.com/

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Search on "Yamaha 24x7". It's their on-line parts outlet. The should also have a toll-free number for parts.

If you use the Yamaha 24x7 on-line system, it's most useful (and less frustrating) to know the Yamaha part number. If I recall, the mm6/mm8 service manual can be found on-line, maybe elektrotanya. I recommend searching for and reading the service manual in order to find the correct replacement part number.

Hope this helps -- pj

Thanks, guys. I'll give Bill Brown a call. And I agree about the service manual.

The link that was given earlier for the Yamaha showed the part that I would need.

Willie Dixon

I don"t know about Hammond anymore. I was insanely loyal due to their support. You used to be able to call Ray and get situated quickly. It seems things have changed. Last time I needed parts I was told to contact Bill Brown. I contacted Bill Brown and he got me the parts. The parts still shipped out of Addison. The shipping was pretty expensive so get everything you thing you may need in one order. Shipping cost more than the replacement keys so I bought more than I needed just to have some spares.

Bill"s contact info is on his webpage. Bill is great to work with even if Hammond is becoming not so much.

https://www.bborgan.com/

Problem is in that Chicago office at Hammond there isn't enough staff. It's just a sales office kind of. My sense is Ray is overwhelmed.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Does anyone have Ray's contact information? I have a feeling that since it is for an SK2 and not a Vintage Hammond, B B Organ might not have the parts needed.

Willie Dixon