Print Thread
D
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
D
Craig,
Thanks again for that great book.
After lots of browsing & picking up some great info, unrelated to Cubase, I had a chance to really get after it today and finally saw the bit about getting a wider stereo field on an acoustic guitar from a single mic.
What a great idea. I am definitely going to give that a go. I've been trying lots of things but not that eqing the cloned tracks differently.
Funny thing is, a couple of years ago it wouldn't have made any sense to me, now it does.

Thing is, there's so much good information there, it's easy to miss when browsing the pages.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...
Sound, Studio, and Stage Island
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
<>

It really works well once you find the optimum frequencies. And it solves those phase issues once and for all, assuming the EQs are any good!

And if anyone doesn't know what Daklander's talking about [SPAM SPAM SELF PROMOTION], I've written two books, "Cubase SX/SL Mixing and Mastering" and "Sonar 3 Mixing and Mastering," which have gotten a really great response

10k Club
10k Club
On a semi-related side note, Craig's books were the starting point of all my serious knowledge of audio (once I got past my bedroom Portastudio experiements). I continue to thank him (and simultaneously blame him) for setting me on my career path. ;\)

Get an Anderton book today! You'll be glad you did!

- Jeff

MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
<>

And believe me, so will I!

J
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
J
Quote:
Originally posted by Anderton:
<>

And believe me, so will I!
I will definitely co-sign this loan. I had been using Cakewalk Pro audio for midi forever, then bringing it into Pro Tools for the audio and mixing. I moved into Cubase SX last year so I could integrate my midi/audio world.

I have found Craigs Mixing and Mastering with Cubase SX/SL book invaluable. It also gave me a chance to hear some of my forum brothers/sisters music.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"
10k Club
10k Club
Right on. I too am REALLY enjoying the Sonar Mixing and Mastering book. Tons of great little tips in there that I'm sure I'll find useful, even though I don't use Sonar that much. Always looking for wacky new techniques to try, and Craig's never short on those. \:D

Moderated by  Anderton 

Link Copied to Clipboard