Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What Model Hammond Is This?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has the B3 TW, the B3 Vibrato Scanner, waterfall keys; it does not have foldback but you could purchase a kit so that it can be added. 8 drawbars on the lower manual (missing the 5 1/3). If things work correctly it definitely worth the $150 investment.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

It looks cool but I like to be able to slide some. I guess for a spinet organ it would be good. My fat ass would be stuck like quick sand. ð

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Boston used an M3... Not sure about the bench though... Maybe the Queen of Sheebah?

I'd like to get it but it's a bit far away and besides, I don't have a truck or van handy along with a couple of "movers". I'm sure it won't last long at that price.

Get it with a UHaul truck or trailer and a couple of friends (for a case of brews each) -- get it or regret it, your choice.

Old No7

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

I stay away from spinets as the residual isn't good but the M3 is good for what it is.
Residual on $150 is not such an issue, at least.

Cheers, Mike.

Yes Mike your right. I am just saying that from a dealer perspective. The three series consoles is where the money is.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Lots of good options with the M3. I added foldback, cleaned busbars, replaced a set of drawbars, added a 1/4" out, lowered the bottom manual an octave and adjusted the action to trigger very high. I became a master of the soldering iron when done.

People gigged them actively from let's say '65 through '75 ....I paired mine w a 145!

That was like a perfect rig in those days... Mine was Ebony.. T/G went on it ... gigged it for about 3 1/2 years mostly in the Catholic H.S. Dance circuit in Queens, NY. Picked it up after Woodstock in the Fall of '69. . .

Like this but w a Walnut 145 I bought new in '69 after I found the organ in the 'Buy Lines Press' from an older couple on Long Island who had it it their living room for $650! I was 17!

s-l1600.jpg

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Delaware Dave -- FWIW the M3 (all the M series) is missing both the 5 1/3' and 16' drawbars, i.e. both browns. The 8th drawbar, a unique feature of these organs, is "black with a red dot". This is a mixture drawbar which is the same as the two black side-by-side drawbars (1 3/5' + 1 1/3'), but up an octave.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

About the foldback kits. I"ve never owned a spinet. Is this really worth it on a 44 key manual. When they do these do they do both manuals?

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Lots of good options with the M3. I added foldback, cleaned busbars, replaced a set of drawbars, added a 1/4" out, lowered the bottom manual an octave and adjusted the action to trigger very high. I became a master of the soldering iron when done.

There's an M3 for 100 in the Providence area. I'm very tempted but the seller is a flake as far as communication.

Also I would do exactly what ABECK did, but I cannot even screw in a lightbulb.

Hammond B-2, Leslie 122, Hammond Sk1 73, Korg BX3 2001, Leslie 900, Motion Sound Pro 3, Polytone Taurus Elite, Roland RD300 old one, Roland VK7, Fender Rhodes Mark V with Roland JC90

It was a long, deliberate process, requiring time, space and an understanding spouse. I'm regretting that I didn't re-cap the tone generator at the time, but there's no way I'm cracking that baby open again.

It was a long, deliberate process, requiring time, space and an understanding spouse. I'm regretting that I didn't re-cap the tone generator at the time, but there's no way I'm cracking that baby open again.

Thanks a lot ABECK. That knowledge allows me to not even consider it. THANK YOU!

Hammond B-2, Leslie 122, Hammond Sk1 73, Korg BX3 2001, Leslie 900, Motion Sound Pro 3, Polytone Taurus Elite, Roland RD300 old one, Roland VK7, Fender Rhodes Mark V with Roland JC90