Music Player Network

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
FS: Rhodes Stage 88 electric piano (Pasadena, CA, USA) #3007379 09/10/19 02:12 AM
synthetic Offline OP
Platinum Member
OP Offline
Platinum Member
This is a 1978 Rhodes Stage (passive) 88-key electric piano.

It has been completely refurbished. The Hammers, Dampers, Felts, and Screws were all replaced. Tines were each removed, polished, replaced, and tuned. The rubber bumpers and screws were replaced, the springs were polished. The pickups were individually cleaned and adjusted. The key bushings were all worked on, around 25% of them were replaced. The "grounding plane mod" has been done for quieter operation. The keys have been leveled and straightened. Some of the electronics were replaced, like the wire and jack. The wood, cover, pots, and everything else was cleaned. The damper pedal is brand new.

What did not get refurbished were the cosmetics: tolex and key caps. This is a "reliced" piano that looks (and is) vintage. Some of the tolex is peeling up on the bottom. It does not have the top case cover or the original legs, but a (sturdier) aftermarket stand is included.

Also included are a box of spare parts: additional felt, hammers, bushing tools, damper straps, and more. A tuning tool is also included.

As you can see in this demo, every key works except the top three notes (they play but don't make much of a tone.) This is recorded from the line output.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1k5ejg7aecu3szu/rhodes_demo.mp4?dl=0

Contact me with any questions. I will not ship this, you will need to pick it up in Pasadena, CA. $1150 -- email synthetic88 at gmail

[Linked Image from thelaitys.com]

KC Island
Re: FS: Rhodes Stage 88 electric piano (Pasadena, CA, USA) [Re: synthetic] #3007849 09/13/19 12:30 AM
J
jeffinpghpa Offline
Gold Member
Gold Member
J
I'm not buying a Rhodes again anytime soon, but I wanted to say this is a beautiful and well restored instrument that will be very well enjoyed by your buyer.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Kurzweil Forte 7, Viscount Legend Live, Roland FA-07, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk2, Arturia V Collection 6, Komplete 12, Lots of iPad Stuff, Pair of QSC K10 Speakers

Moderated by  Dave Bryce, Joe Muscara