Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ventilator vs Leslie

For those of you working with these and have experience, which one is best suited for which kind of playing a style and how do you use them?

What kind of tone is the ventilator best at?

I will be getting a clonewheel shortly (VK-8) and wonder which, if any, of these I should add to the setup (I'll be updating the VK-8 firmware first, which I heard improves on the leslie).

I'll be aiming mostly for deep purple-ish kind of distorted organ and wonder if I should get an external ventilator and/or leslie to improve on the updated VK-8.

Also, any of you add another tube in the chain as well?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just know the Ventilator and Lester. I"ve never used any other simulator pedals.

The Vent does the swirlies about as good as any pedal. What is most cool about the Vent is the overdrive. The Vents drive reacts to the swell pedal like a real Leslie tube amps. It blew me away when I first switched in 2014. The honeymoon is over now but I still think the drive circuit is super cool. I take the organ"s audio out of the 11 pin socket but I don"t think that matters. I think the Vents overdrive is just that good.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt