Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Here's the Next Plug-In I Want!!

A virtual lava lamp animated graphic plug-in. You click on it, and a beautiful lava lamp animation unfolds in front of you. A kaleidoscope would be okay, too, as would a slide show of beautiful images..

Seriously.

This isn't a joke, it's a scientific thing - images help steer the brain's cognitive function more to the right hemisphere, which is what we want in the studio. So after you've finished troubleshooting some aspect of the software and you've switched over to your left brain analytical mode, up pops the lava lamp and after a minute or so, puts you back in a right-brain, creative frame of mind.

I predict everyone will laugh at this, and the thread will get no traction. But ten years from now...remember, you heard it here first :)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately a plug-in won't have the same effect as a real lava lamp. IMHO.

Why not?

Too much blue light from the modern screen, it's what keeps you awake if you e.g. spend too much time on a modern phone late at night.

It needs to have the blue light filtered out as done by the oil in the lamp.

Then the slow swirling of the oil will do its job.

So hang on to the lava lamp for a bit longer, I'd say.

Just my 2d worth.

JohnG.

Akai EWI 4000s, Yamaha VL70m, Yamaha AN1x, Casio PX560, Yamaha MU1000XG+PLGs-DX,AN,VL.

Unfortunately a plug-in won't have the same effect as a real lava lamp. IMHO.

Why not?

Too much blue light from the modern screen, it's what keeps you awake if you e.g. spend too much time on a modern phone late at night.

I don't picture it as somethin you stare at for hours...a couple minutes of intense visuals is all it takes to kick your brain back into right-brain mode.