Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dark mode

I see there are about 7 alternatives. Why not automate it so we get a different colour each day of the week? That would spice things up here and as a bonus we could all throw away our calendars....
"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Using a dark background, I like the UBBT77. For links that you create, it makes it obvious that there is a link. Also, on the home page, it does an alternating pattern from thread to thread.

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

• 2 weeks later...

Now let's see a 3D spatial mode where the text looks like it is floating in space in the vein of those pictures which at first look like design patterns but reveal objects when you stare and relax your focus point of interest in a sort of full peripheral gaze.

The other day I was staring at the Linoleum in a room and noticed that all of the random specks floated at different depths depending on their value.

This would introduce many new ways to designate importance as opposed to limited options of bold, italic, size and font typical of common formats.

The challenge is to figure out what makes the text appear as though it floats around you like you are deep in the paragraph with the fonts in front, to the sides and behind you. This, without VR tech.

High contrast between the text and background is really important for readability, especially for those of us past that 40-45 age.

Such a good point! I've shook my head many many times seeing 'artistic' font colors that are greyish on white backgrounds, in a really small size.

This drives me crazy on keyboard design. Tiny and/or low-contrast labels for front panel controls, difficult to read in perfect light, impossible on the stage. How companies can still get this wrong astounds me.

Sorry for the on-topic derail. ;-)

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

I don"t know if default to normal UBBT77 happened by accident, but I"ll gladly take it!

I don"t have to log in anymore just to be able to read it ð

Thanks dB ð

Not an accident. I did it on purpose.

Too many people didn't dig it...and those who do dig it can turn it on thermselves.

Besides, I've found some much cooler ones I wanna import as options.....

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I don"t know if default to normal UBBT77 happened by accident, but I"ll gladly take it!

I don"t have to log in anymore just to be able to read it ð

Thanks dB ð

Not an accident. I did it on purpose.

Thank you!!!

Mike

I was pleased to see the Dark modes. I am decrepit and can no longer read a book at 20 feet like an eagle. I can enlarge the text by a notch and the group becomes a breeze. Well done!

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I hated dark mode, but what I discovered is that, while I still think it really impedes readability on a standard computer screen, it can actually be nice on the retina screen. Maybe you just need higher resolution to maintain good readability of white on black? (But I'm mostly on the computer, so I've stuck with UBBT70.)

SIde notes, I'd like to be able to get rid of that circled caret at the bottom right that takes you to the top of the page. It always seems to just get in my way!

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)