Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Remote (Wireless) Patch changes and CCs for Guitarists

sj1

Hi All,

Guitarists have been able to play the instrument wirelessly for a long time now, but I wonder, has anyone here ever had the desire also to be able to trigger FX patch changes (e.g. MIDI PC) or other stuff (e.g. MIDI CC) while you are walking around "out of position" with your guitar?

I'm having tough time turning up with a control surface that is small, light, wireless, and flexible enough to be on my person for this job.

Ideally, I'd like to have 8, and possibly as many as 16 tiny touch pads that could send MIDI messages wirelessly to my guitar FX unit (e.g. Helix), to my PC running KARMA to drive my synth, etc.

The bare useful minimum would be 2 pads that could deliver the effect of "up" and "down"

(which would require more smarts somewhere than simply sending PCs and CCs).

So I thought I'd ask if anyone has ever waded into this territory and if so what did you try and what did you settle on?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have not tried to set up a rig like this myself, but let me ask around my friends in the EM/DAW-less community. I suspect there's a small Bluetooth MIDI Controller that would serve. It's also possible the something like the Guitar Wing might serve?

Guitar Wing

Love the idea, as a MIDI Guitarist myself. I've always suspected that KARMA was an outgrowth of the Wave Sequencing from the Wavestation series Synths. I still have a Wavestation SR as part of my rig.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Wow, what a difference a day makes!

I got a super answer pointing me at a thing (Guitar Wing) that days of searching on my own never turned up, and now here I am grooving to Novparolo on Spotify and lovin' it!

Thanks very much Winston Psmith (and Larryz)!

Now get this - out of all the world, Winston and I are totally local! I see upcoming Novparolo shows in B'more, right up the road from me. Hahaha! Life is grand!

Wow, what a difference a day makes!

I got a super answer pointing me at a thing (Guitar Wing) that days of searching on my own never turned up, and now here I am grooving to Novparolo on Spotify and lovin' it!

Thanks very much Winston Psmith (and Larryz)!

Now get this - out of all the world, Winston and I are totally local! I see upcoming Novparolo shows in B'more, right up the road from me. Hahaha! Life is grand!

Them's good peeps.

And, yeah, welcome to the GPF, sj1! :rawk:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _