Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Jane Child is back!

Howdy guys,

Don't know if I can tell you this or not, but Jane Child is back! She's been in Keyboard twice, on the cover of the November 90 mag, and was featured in the June (?) 93 magazine. She had the huge hit "Don't Wanna Fall In Love" featuring her playinf a kick ass solo on a Fairlight in the video.

Anyway, after she was dropped by Warners in 94, she pretty much went AWOL, but now shes back with a new album called "Surge". Its kicks!

Check out: http://www.janechild.com or

http://users.bigpond.net.au/JaneChild for more info. I've been running a site about her for the past four, or five years now, and finally she's returned with a great record. I'm hoping someone at Keyboard will take interest!

Many thanks again,

cyclonic

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by cyclonic:

Jane Child is back! She's been in Keyboard twice, on the cover of the November 90 mag, and was featured in the June (?) 93 magazine. She had the huge hit "Don't Wanna Fall In Love" featuring her playinf a kick ass solo on a Fairlight in the video.

I remember Don't Wanna Fall In Love, and you're right, it kicked ass! She's a helluva synth player, and AFAIK, she's from right here in Toronto. I hope she does well with her new recording.

I am really glad to hear that Jane is back. She has great talent and is a cool human being!

I was greatly disappointed when WB dropped her. Maybe they couldn't figure out how to market synth based music in a grunge world. Who knows? Anyway, Jane is a great singer, keyboardist, and songwriter. I'm sure there will be a place for her in today's climate!

cyclonic, please tell Jane I said "hi" and give her my best wishes. She'll remember me as Yoshiki's programmer (I worked for Yoshiki from 1/93 - 10/96).

Best of luck,

Geoff Grace

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Wow, that's sure nose-worthy. I'm looking forward to hearing more cool music from her and finding out what's her current approach to fashion.

Personally, I never lost interest in synth based music, I thought grunge was a passing fad but didn't know I'd have to wait a whole decade for it to blow over.

Chris

I think its a bit rough to pigeon hole Jane on her past fashions. Surely, Jane's music has been far better than what she chose to look like. She was and is, an individual after all. Surely Prince doesn't get the same treatment for all the wacky fashions he's had in the past?

Certainly her new album is a landmark. Look for it on her website, or check mine out and leave a message. I've got a great interview I did with her recently, and there's a heap of info on the synths she used on the album.

Originally posted by cyclonic:

I think its a bit rough to pigeon hole Jane on her past fashions. Surely, Jane's music has been far better than what she chose to look like. She was and is, an individual after all. Surely Prince doesn't get the same treatment for all the wacky fashions he's had in the past?

For me, I'm only interested in what her music sounds like, I couldn't give a rat's ass about her fashion sense. Well, maybe half a rat's ass (one rat's ass cheek). I thought the nose ring was goofy, but who really cares as long as the music's good, and it was!

• 17 years later...

C ertainly her new album is a landmark. Look for it on her website, or check mine out and leave a message. I've got a great interview I did with her recently, and there's a heap of info on the synths she used on the album.

Hi, i know this post is several years old but do you still have that interview of Jane Child? the link to your blog is not working anymore. Thanks.

I'm sad that Jane never got the comeback she deserved. Her music career reminds me a bit of Thomas Dolby's: a talented singer/songwriter/synthesist who surprisingly only garnered one hit from a lot of great material. I hope she's living a happy life, nonetheless.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon